Xante/Ricoh vs Mach 6 Envelope Press

gtmo

Hello,

Would Appreciate opinions on The Good The Bad and The Ugly of both of thesemachines, or any suggestions on better machine for Envelope printing.

Xante En/Press that uses Ricoh machine vs Mach 6 Envelope machine (inkjet).

Concerned on the inkjet in trying to match pms and consistency of colors.

Thank you

Request samples from your files. I'd worry about toner and drum costs and color drift from drums aging with a Xante rig, but I don't have first hand experience either either vendor.

Running an Enpress - Toner/Drums/Fusers can be expensive BUT the RIP is fully featured and we can match any cmyk from the 4c press.

Mach 6 is not what you think. Had a full sample pack done. It looked ok, but still just inkjet. Cannot run any coated stock like you can on laser device.

Color Match Rip available for the Mach 6 is capable, but makes the entire package very expensive and is not as tweakable as Xante color match capabilities.

If you plan on doing variable data imprint on pre-printed shells, the Mach 6 head will begin to wear in short time. Not really made to do black ink imprint.

If you are looking to invest in an envelope printing system with feeders and conveyers, I just recommend buying a used Canon C750 with a capacity bypass tray or POD deck. Supplies will be cheaper as well and be able to run anything you want.

The canon, as in any laser printer, would need special laser safe window envelopes = extra expense but I love mine. I print letter and envelope on same machine and can use CW to color match.

I hear great things about the 1175 or even 1170 HP heads from any provider and would be looking that way if I was looking. But less than 2 years ago we went with the canon to supplement our Ryiobi presses.

Appreciate the reply. Have an older Xante now like the quality not happy with the feeder.
Spoke to someone with an Ijet 1175 which he has had for a few years and very Happy.
Did mentioned that quality is not like the Xante.

Appreciate the reply. Have an older Xante now like the quality not happy with the feeder.
Spoke to someone with an Ijet 1175 which he has had for a few years and very Happy.
Did mentioned that quality is not like the Xante.
The iJet 1175 is around $80,000USD though.

Mach 6 is not what you think. Had a full sample pack done. It looked ok, but still just inkjet. Cannot run any coated stock like you can on laser device.

If you plan on doing variable data imprint on pre-printed shells, the Mach 6 head will begin to wear in short time. Not really made to do black ink imprint.
We have two Mach 6 and had the Mach 5 before it. I have seen the sample pack, not a highlight of the quality that these units can do. But it does showcase the different media you can print on. Except for coated stock.

And as far as black imprints, we do hundreds of these types of jobs with thousands of records every month. And not only imprints but black-only jobs too.

And since it is inkjet, it is messy when you have to do any maintenance on it. Way worse than working with a toner-based device.

We also have an Xanté Impressia, that we don't really love but need to keep around for the few jobs that the customer likes the look of better than on the Mach 6.

I have a Xante Enpress. When printing from InDesign 2022 or earlier that still supports Pantone colors, using the Xante Print Driver matches PMS Colors very well. Didn't have color accurate results just dropping pdf files made from InDesign onto the iQueue software. But yes, I would say the color matching through the print driver for Mac is quite excellent. The feeder runs very well for me when printing #9 or #10 Regular Side Seam envelopes made by Western Envelope Company. The window envelopes often have more "wave" to the stock and often require more personal attention for feeding, but that is the envelope itself. Did not have good results with 6-3/4 envelopes, as they often printed crooked. Small orders of the smaller envelopes do print when fed through the trays. Hope the information is helpful.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back