Xara pdf

margadri

Good day everyone.
We use Prinergy and normally ask the clients to leave the pictures in RGB because our setting and conversion profile are pretty good. Saying this, we have a client who uses Xara for layout and supplied us with a 70 pages book with pictures in RGB.
Ripped fine, Prinergy converted pics to CMYK with our profile, preview looked ok but when sent to plates the pics behaved like still RGB. You could see it also with the output preview (see attached screenshot). Couldn't postscript it because of composite fonts and all accents and apostrophes didn't work. Now the funny thing is that, after splitting to single pages, rip it the same exact way, the file was fine. Plated, printed and client happy. Now the client would like from me an explanation so he can ask the question to Xara support to avoid the same problem next time. I don't really know what to answer. Why a single file with 70 pages doesn't work and the same file with 70 individual pages does. Any idea what could I tell him it happened? I don't know anything about Xara Thank you for your attention and help in advance

Attachments

• NFE2 30.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 246
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 6.07.57 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 6.07.57 am.png
    885.6 KB · Views: 254
  • Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 6.07.38 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 6.07.38 am.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back