Xeikon 6000 quality

Savvas

Recently, we have replaced our 5-year-old Xeikon 500dcp with the new Xeikon6000. Among other problems, we have to deal with a great quality problem as well. Has anybody noticed that heavy weight paper prints (250g and upwards) leave image trace on unprinted surfaces 2hours after output? This can also happen even after 2 weeks from production.Since we are in book publishing and print a lot of covers, this is a fatal problem. Has anybody got an idea, beacause we have never had such problems with the V3 toner. Is it an FA problem or is it just my unit?

Last edited:
Is this happening on both sides of the sheet or just the x side? Are you experiencing this on long runs (500+) or even on shorter runs. It's been my experience that the heavier the paper the more pristine your TED wires must be...especially transfer and erase...the two in the middle of the TED. Also, don't ignore you top (above the fuser) cleaning unit and scorotron.

Best of luck!

Recently, we have replaced our 5-year-old Xeikon 500dcp with the new Xeikon6000. Among other problems, we have to deal with a great quality problem as well. Has anybody noticed that heavy weight paper prints (250g and upwards) leave image trace on unprinted surfaces 2hours after output? This can also happen even after 2 weeks from production.Since we are in book publishing and print a lot of covers, this is a fatal problem. Has anybody got an idea, beacause we have never had such problems with the V3 toner. Is it an FA problem or is it just my unit?
We have Xeikon 6000 ink available if interested -

[email protected]

Dan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back