Xerox 4110/4112, DC240 cost per click

jakeknotts

Anyone have any figures on what the cost is for one-sided A3 w/ plain text per click?

Is it cheaper on the 4110/4112 vs. the docucolor 240 with the same B&W text?

Wondering if the docucolor 240 is much less cost effective for doing B&W prints.

Thanks,

Sure cost per b/w print on color machine will be more expensive. Figures - entire machine is running anyway - Transfer belt / fuser are working, CMY developers and drums are turning and wear somewhat anyway, generally, only lasers are not drawing image and CMY toner is not being consumed. My experience shows that issues with developer units in big part comes from amount of rotations, drums wear from friction against cleaning blade and primary charge rollers pick-up dust and debris regardless if any of 4 printing units laying image or not.
I sell service contracts for b/w copiers $0.08 to $0.01 per click in my Office Equipment Sales/Service business but We had decided to put our Xerox WC7335 used in printing shop under contract with xerox (I am not too trilled with servicing color machines - our clientele mostly medium to large b/w) so they charged me 2c per b/w and 12c for color any size. We were printing max size, multiple ups making reasonable profit.
I would strongly advice you to get a b/w machine to run b/w jobs. As an example - we bought a Ricoh MP9000 for our printing division with 800,000 pages on it for $4500, spent another 500 on some parts. In less than one month we put nearly million more on it. This machine is nearly $30000 - 35000 new, I think, but regardless new or used there is no way Color machine printing b/w images will give you speed, longevity and value as b/w machine.
Right tool for the right job...
Same thing when people asking what is better - Digital Toner vs Indigo vs Di press - all these machines have their own niche and perform best when used where they meant to be.
My 2c

UnlimitedBT,

Thanks for the input.

I am looking at a used 4110 right now and it has a little over a million on the meter. What is the life span on one of these?

I don't like the taste of a "a little over the million" as a general rule. But if machine is well taken care of, perhaps it's ok.

What about cost per click?

What about cost per click?

Do either of you know where I could find some solid info on the cost per click for these machines?

I am wondering what an A3 (book text) will cost on the 4110/4112 as well as what an A3 full color (covers, children's books) on the docucolor 240 would cost.

I have yet to find some clear info on how much the clicks cost.

I am located in Europe where Xerox doesn't provide service agreements or leases like in the States so I need some hard figures.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that people will be able to give you much feedback. If you can't go onto a Xerox FMSA then the "click" cost is not relevant as you will be paying engineer time & materials. I doubt whether there are that many people who run a Xerox light production on a time & materials basis to give you actual feedback.

Regarding the 4110 with 1M on the clock. You have to remember that's a pretty old machine, but they do have the reputation of being one of Xerox's better machines for reliability. 1M is a really low impression count and like with a low mileage older car, I would expect you to have lots of bedding in problems (== lots of parts changed) if you reinstall it and then start running light production volumes through it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back