Xerox 550 – KM C5501 or Canon C9065

Matt23

We are looking at purchasing 1 of the following machines Xerox 550, Konica Minolta C5501 or the Canon C9065, main use for the machine would be greeting cards (300gsm) Postcards & Photo books (170-200gsm) with the odd small run of flyers and business cards. We are a small Photography & Graphic Design Studio so we would be printing a lot of jobs with photos as the main focal point both colour & Black & white.

Which machine would suit this line of work better & is anyone running these sort of jobs on any of the above machines?

Last edited:
My humble opinion:

Xerox 550 - no major upgrades over previous generation product, but still a very good low cost box.

KM 5501 - look at their new product, C6000. It auto-duplexes 300gsm.

Canon 9065 - just not a fan of the Canon units in this class.

Ricoh C651 - have a look at it. Pretty impressive, especially registration, but may be larger and pricier than what you're looking for.

All that said, the device is really dependent upon the service it receives, so spend some time understanding that aspect of the vendors. Good luck.

We had a 560 in place for about 5 weeks while they were installing/certifying our 800. Thing ran like a charm. Auto-duplexing is so-so: registration didn't show any improvement over 250s. But it was a solid machine, and I put around 160k on it during that time, my only problems were running out of toner!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back