Xerox 700 anyone?

Duncan Hyde

We currently have a Docucolor 242 which is fantastic we work it to the bone so we want to increase our capacity and acquire a 700 is this a good buy?

Any problems with the 700 r.e color and heavy stocks, duplexing registration, paper curling??

Duncan

Xerox 700 or Canon IR C9075 Pro?

Xerox 700 or Canon IR C9075 Pro?

We currently have a Docucolor 242 which is fantastic we work it to the bone so we want to increase our capacity and acquire a 700 is this a good buy?

Any problems with the 700 r.e color and heavy stocks, duplexing registration, paper curling??

Duncan

What about Canon IR C9075pro? Are they comparable machines? I am doing a study now trying to decide which to go. I have demo'ed the IR C9075 but not the Xerox yet.

Make sure the toner supply is good from Xerox. I have heard a lot of problems with getting toner when customers need it due to backordering on Xerox's part. Also make sure the machine specs will fit your needs. There are some issues with gloss differentials on these machines from center of page to outer edges.
Why not just get more 242's? There is a firmware upgrade (v2.0) for the 700 regarding some of the problems it has been having.

Yeah Milo,

I heard about some differences with the gloss finish of the 700 is it more matte than 242?
we are still considering getting another 242 or a 252 the prices are much better on them now

Duncan

We have a Xerox 700 with Dreo Rip and Darwin VD. The speeds tend to be an issue for us as we run mostly 12x18, cover weight, and duplex. So cut the rated speed in 4.

We run everything from 50T to 120C, labels, linen, we run anything we can. And we are running to the capacity of the machine. Duplexing is fine. If you set your trays properly, registration is decent and you have alot of control over it to make adjustments to skew, image placement, etc.

Curling is an issue when running 2 sided manually. Especially heavier stocks but there are also adjustments with that as well that generally handle the issue.

We are waiting for the firmware update and were told it would fix various other issues we have, nothing major though.

Toner backorder has been a little problem. But with proper planning and inventory control you should be fine. Our issue has beenother parts and it may be our service provider or Xerox. We are working though that now.

Thanks Jenny Pie,

I'll take that up with my Xerox rep were meeting this week about the 700, I calibrated my 242 using the xrite and made it simulate swop sheetfed press and it prints great now on all stock so i hope the 700 can compare.

Duncan

I'm also looking at the 700. It looks to be a great machine, my only concerns are reliability and consistency of image quality over large runs.

I'm also looking at the 700. It looks to be a great machine, my only concerns are reliability and consistency of image quality over large runs.

I think most units from all vendors are pretty reliable today. One of the differences the Xerox 700 has, is that the end user can easily and quickly replace important components in the machine without the need of a service call. You can replace your black and color drums, charge corotron wire and fuser module in less than 2 minutes.

A very important factor in color consistency is how fresh the developer is inside a digital machine. The Xerox 700 has a mono-component toner, meaning that toner and developer powder are together in the same cartridge and mixed together. Every time you put a new toner cartridge, you are putting fresh developer in the machine, therefore providing consistent IQ. In other machine, a service call is also needed to replace the developer.

I think most units from all vendors are pretty reliable today. One of the differences the Xerox 700 has, is that the end user can easily and quickly replace important components in the machine without the need of a service call. You can replace your black and color drums, charge corotron wire and fuser module in less than 2 minutes.

A very important factor in color consistency is how fresh the developer is inside a digital machine. The Xerox 700 has a mono-component toner, meaning that toner and developer powder are together in the same cartridge and mixed together. Every time you put a new toner cartridge, you are putting fresh developer in the machine, therefore providing consistent IQ. In other machine, a service call is also needed to replace the developer.

Thanks for the info, that's really helpful.

If it was up to me I'd order one today - unfortunately it's the CEO that signs the cheques!

Consistantcy through run is good. Reruns always get me as the drum wear will affect the color. Images are affected much less than solids.

Drum wear is a big factor on color consistency. I wonder if that is added the make you order drums more frequently...LOL

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back