Xerox 8080 High Cap Stacker

KCJared

Hello all,

We've just had a xerox 8080 installed to replace our unreliable dc7002. This dc8080 comes with a high cap stacker with roll carts. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this high cap stacker. Supposedly there is a button that when pressed will deliver a sample set to the top tray. So far it doesn't work and xerox has told us that it won't deliover a single sheet - only a set. Well we are printing collated sets and still nothing is ejecting. Am I missing something? What are the limitations of this "sample set button"?

Thanks in advance!

Jared

I have an 8000AP (same as the 8080 but the colored doors) with a HiCap stacker. Yes the proof button does work, yes it will only proof an entire "set" at a time. If you are running VDP jobs the entire job is a "set" so it doesnt work UNLESS you set the properties to "uncollated". I have run offset collated sets and the proof button works just fine.

Thanks, Craig. So to clarify, whats the minimum sheet count that it will "proof"? 2? 3? Thanks again.

Jared

Thanks again. Looks like we're having some trouble with our stacker then. It won't do one OR two if its a set. It worked for 4 and 9 but other than that if you press the sample button the top tray light flashes and nothing ejects. :confused:

Thanks again. Looks like we're having some trouble with our stacker then. It won't do one OR two if its a set. It worked for 4 and 9 but other than that if you press the sample button the top tray light flashes and nothing ejects. :confused:

UPDATE (Better late than never). - the stacker ejection of a set all depends on the finishing settings in the FFPS. If you choose the stacker setting, you must choose an offset that corresponds to your job. If you choose the "none" setting, nothing will eject. So, if you are printing a run of single sheets (ex. letterhead), make sure you tell it "uncollated" and then chose "offset uncollated stack". Hope this helps someone.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back