Xerox Claiming End Of Life for my Xerox C75 in 1 year.

grafico

Good Day Everyone! I have had a Xerox C75 since 2013 and it has worked Great! Unfortunately Xerox has reached out to inform me of new machines and let me know my Xerox C75 is Nearing its end of Life. Which means they will not service it anymore. I have been watching the YouTube Channel called Just A Printer. This impressive printer maintains his own printers in this case Konica Minoltas. He uses his printers to the fullest. Im considering possibly doing this with my Xerox C75 or not. Any Thoughts on similar scenarios from anyone?

Down to how easy you can get parts and consumables, how much they cost, how much down time you can afford waiting, how much spare time you have to fool with the machine. Not saying you can’t do it but for me this path is unlikely to be cheaper than just leasing a new machine on a normal agreement.

Not sure where you're located but you may be able to find an independent Xerox dealer that will give you a service contract but it could be costly because of the age of the machine. I could see doing the service yourself if the C75 was used primarily for a backup machine but not as a primary production machine. There will be a considerable learning curve to maintaining it yourself.

Is your C75 your primary machine? Do you have a backup machine in case it breaks down? What sort of print shop do you run?

Just a printer is an amazing guy but is a pretty unique company setup and not a typical print shop and such self maintanence just happens to work for him.

If you've been paying a click charge on your c75 all this time depending on your volume you may be able to save yourself money by upgrading with a much lower click rate.

IIRC that guy has a variety of different machines, including a newer KM machine which is on a service and maintenance contract - so he does not have all of his eggs in one basket.

Every time I upgrade I improve quality, increase productivity, reduce my downtime, and lower my click cost. I really don't have the time to do repairs and maintenance. That said, there are some things you should learn with any machine to keep it running instead of waiting for a technician. Konica and Ricoh have a number of modules that are designed to be easily swapped out by the operator to keep the machine running instead of waiting for service.

Which means they will not service it anymore.

I have a v80 that's nearing end of service. They'll still service it, but they won't write a contract. We'll have to pay for each visit, parts, etc. We'll be at the back of the line to those who have a service contract for other machines. And parts will become harder to source.

You can do it and you can use a pay-for-service as a back up plan. I'm not saying you should or not, just that service will still be available.

Knowing xerox tho, they'll discontinue producing parts for discontinued machines, so even if you wanted to service it, you'll have issues getting parts. Maybe keep an eye out for a used or broken machine, same model, that you can part out for your machine?

Will they still produce consumables for your model?

Sometimes it's definitely a matter of parts. The place I used to work had a machine that the company bought after the contract expired. They bought a service contract for a few years, but Xerox discontinued it, saying they couldn't get parts anymore.

FWIW - The end of life for the 1000i was due to the Windows OS running the interface being at EOL by Microsoft. It could be something as stupid as that. As long as you can get parts and have a comfort level of running a 5.5mm driver then by all means go for it!

Good Day Everyone! I have had a Xerox C75 since 2013 and it has worked Great! Unfortunately Xerox has reached out to inform me of new machines and let me know my Xerox C75 is Nearing its end of Life. Which means they will not service it anymore. I have been watching the YouTube Channel called Just A Printer. This impressive printer maintains his own printers in this case Konica Minoltas. He uses his printers to the fullest. Im considering possibly doing this with my Xerox C75 or not. Any Thoughts on similar scenarios from anyone?
Hi, my situation is similar. I have a C75 with Fiery which has worked brilliantly and Xerox service here in Malta (EU) has been excellent whilst we were on contract. Last January our contract expired and Xerox wouldn't renew claiming EOL and trying to sell up a Versant 3100 for many thousands of euros. We're a small print shop running a Heidelberg Speedmaster for most of our work and the C75 for the short run digital work or rush jobs. Our volumes are small so were OK but getting parts for the C75 will become a problem BUT Aliexpress has a good selection. Since January we had the first issue today where we had to call in Xerox techs to replace the Black developer, Drum and so far its cost a few hundred euros but still worth it. For now (at least until business picks up to pre covid levels) i'll hang on to the C75 as it has proven to be such a good reliable machine that I'm hard pressed to replace it. My experience of the C75 has been that 90% of the issues we have had are always cleanliness / paper jam / operator issues and im handy with a 5.5mm driver so i'll service it myself. Also Youtube has lots videos of parts being replaced and I recently bought new de-curler rollers off Aliexpress at a fraction of the cost of Xerox and the parts were identical!! Also today's developer change (done by a Xerox tech with parts they brought with them) were parts made in China!! Surprisingly, I've bought Heidelberg Speedmaster parts of Aliexpress and to my AMAZEMENT they came in original Heidelberg packaging from China at a fraction of the cost from Germany!!! Seems Heidelberg is sourcing its parts in China too!!

C/J75 is still a very good machine.
For those who have technical skills is available a lot of service documentation, firmware, diagnostic software,etc.
Also if you search on net you'll find a lot of spare parts.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back