Xerox competing in Market

Greetings All,

Just curious to find out what the experiences are around the world, we have a scenario where Xerox have opened some print shops in three major cities and essentially are now competing with the very people they are selling to here in South Africa!

My understanding is that this has been in place here for some time now but the interesting thing is that it is never declared when equipment is purchased from them. Now being the Megalith that Xerox are they have a legal department that will be able to explain away the reasoning and probably even convince most mortals that these facilities are whole independent etc etc etc. but something seems wrong when the very people I am purchasing from and the same people who are servicing my equipment are competing for the same clients I am. Yes we have crossed paths in the field and this is why I have a serious problem with this.

From my stand point the bottom line is that they are competing with me and surely ethics must play a part or has business become so unscrupulous that it's no longer relevant. There have been several complaints from other printers as well but these obviously get ignored.

Are there perhaps any other countries around the globe that experience this kind of business and what your thoughts are on the topic?

Best regards
Colin Doyle
CED Print and Finishing
Cape Town
South Africa

That is not something done in the US. I am an Agent for Xerox here in the US. I haven't seen that as of yet. I would take serious issue with it as well, because I am an Agent and they would be undercutting me as well.

Hi friends,

i would appreciate if you please let me know the silver bullets of xerox WC7328.

i need to know that which product is suitable for office? Ricoh MP C2500/3500 Toshiba e-Studio 2500/3500 or xerox WC7328.

thanks in advance

XRX and XBS

XRX and XBS

Greetings All,

Just curious to find out what the experiences are around the world, we have a scenario where Xerox have opened some print shops in three major cities and essentially are now competing with the very people they are selling to here in South Africa!

My understanding is that this has been in place here for some time now but the interesting thing is that it is never declared when equipment is purchased from them. Now being the Megalith that Xerox are they have a legal department that will be able to explain away the reasoning and probably even convince most mortals that these facilities are whole independent etc etc etc. but something seems wrong when the very people I am purchasing from and the same people who are servicing my equipment are competing for the same clients I am. Yes we have crossed paths in the field and this is why I have a serious problem with this.

From my stand point the bottom line is that they are competing with me and surely ethics must play a part or has business become so unscrupulous that it's no longer relevant. There have been several complaints from other printers as well but these obviously get ignored.

Are there perhaps any other countries around the globe that experience this kind of business and what your thoughts are on the topic?

Best regards
Colin Doyle
CED Print and Finishing
Cape Town
South Africa

Many years ago here in the States Xerox did the same thing, called "Xerox Reproduction Centers". Wholly-owned and operated by Xerox they were located throughout the country getting their work from direct sales people as well as walk-in customers. I know because I was an operator at one of them. Eventually XRC morphed into XBS, Xerox Business Services which now sells facilities management. Xerox ultimately closed those centers due partially to the pressure coming from organizations such as the NAQP (National Association of Quick Printers), which had the same complaints as you do. Nowadays Xerox still runs printing facilities but they are usually at least partially dedicated to contract work such as with major pharmaceutical companies.

Just curious to find out what the experiences are around the world, we have a scenario where Xerox have
opened some print shops in three major cities and essentially are now competing with the very people they are selling to here in South Africa!

Xerox had this model in the US many years ago. In South America they had it too and little by little they transitioned the operations into indepent businesses. You may think that Xerox is behind those big printshops, but reality is that are probably 100% independent. They just happen to partner with Xerox at another level. Anyone with the right size of capital $ could do the same. For instance, in the US, Fedex Kinkos, Office Depot, Office Max they all have Xerox in hundreds of stores.

Anywhere in the world, I think you'll find the scenario where a vendor sells to Company A and then to Company B, who are competitors.

These are owned by Bytes technology services which is Xerox South Africa and the companies are owned and managed by them. The companies started out as variable service companies to Banks etc but the green eyed monster yet again reared its head and now they competing in the commercial sector as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back