Xerox V280 - New 36 Month Lease

sorry, I'm unclear. What do you mean "no fix"? is the machine dead?

Doesn't service repair the BTR for free as part of the contract?
No, the 2nd btr can wear really fast and you just have to replace. Can be done yourself. It's been a problem on versants an never fixed. Not a big problem. Just marks sheets and you replace it

sorry, I'm unclear. What do you mean "no fix"? is the machine dead?

Doesn't service repair the BTR for free as part of the contract?
Yes, they replace it. Printing a booklet on coated stock is a pain when you have to run a job in small batches and constantly open the booklet to make sure that 2nd BTR is not leaving streaks. It's now a known problem with the Versant and coated stock and to date there's no fix for it. So yes, it will run but you better not go far away because the 2nd BTR can ruin a job in no time. Pulling sheets often is necessary and the problem is much worse than it was on my V80.

i have a follow-up question about buying our new v280. the lease contract they provided lists our existing V180 as a trade-in, but doesn't list any value/credit. i'm pretty sure they're not giving us anything on the trade-in and we would be better off selling the press on our own. does anyone have any experience with negotiating trade ins on a lease contract? we own the V180 outright as a $1 buyout 36 month lease.

Not sure if this is any help but before I upgraded to the V280 2 years ago I looked at the option of buying a refurbished V180. At that time, the cost was about $21,000. That included delivery, installation and full certification by local Xerox to place under service contract. I also inquired about buying the V80 I had and it surprised me that they only wanted $5,000 for it (I don’t do $1 buyouts). If I had the room I would have just kept it.

I don’t think that Xerox really wants these back so figure they may be giving you around $5,000-$7,000 at best, or worst nothing. It’s an aging model at this point even though they share so much in common with the V280.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back