XMF and JDF "autoflow"

markb

Hello- we are working on a project where another system generates simple JDF runlist files (only run lists and sheet callouts, not imposition in the JDF file) and is dropped to an XMF workflow hot folder. It works well, except that if the number of pages in the JDF run list exceed the number of sheets configured in the XMF workflow, we won't get the full number of populated sheets in XMF. What we've discovered, is that the "auto flow" feature works with PDF file input, but not JDF. I was curious if anyone has worked on similar JDF projects with XMF and has any input on this topic. The case is with FujiFilm support and we are also looking over a few items on our end. Thanks for any info.

curious to see what happens the only thing I can think of is trying to use the hot folder with the outflow on. Jeremy better work this out :)

Hi, we're made contact with FujiFilm R&D and they are helping us explore some options, so it looks a bit more complex than we expected, but I think we may have a solution path. I do have to say FujiFilm has been great to work with on this question / project compared with other large print industry software tech vendors we work with.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back