XMPie Qlingo

scubadunc

Hi All

I have a document and I'm using a text content object to place the entire text of a letter into a text field box based upon a conditional tag in the database. Easy, 4 tags, 4 different letters. A new request was been put in to have some words in the different letters italicised or bolded. OK, so my question is...Is there any way to change the font (in Qlingo) within each letter text?

Let me know if any more info is needed.

Thanks

Hi,
The easiest way to have formatted text is to use a text file ADOR.
Create a series word docs with the letter contents formatted as you need (paragraph, italics etc).
Then create a text file ADOR which returns the name of the required word doc.

Now when you place the text ADOR into a text box within it will read the contents of the word doc, formatting and all.

I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Mark.

Hi All

I have a document and I'm using a text content object to place the entire text of a letter into a text field box based upon a conditional tag in the database. Easy, 4 tags, 4 different letters. A new request was been put in to have some words in the different letters italicised or bolded. OK, so my question is...Is there any way to change the font (in Qlingo) within each letter text?

Let me know if any more info is needed.

Thanks

That seems like the hard way to do it. I would make each letter a layer and name that layer after the tag, then set the tag content item to a visibility layer. you also need to assign each tag to a layer by double clicking the content item while the layer is visible.

Main advantage to this is that you can format the text completely the way you like and even inject data into the text.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back