XPO queues are empty after upgrade

Mike Z

Hi,

We just had to uninstall XPO 3.0.x and install XPO 3.2.41 upd03 on our Lotem 400 due to a software corruption after a hardware problem caused the computer to randomly restart, etc. Now it is back up and running and we can output plates but afterwards the completed jobs queue is empty. I checked the hotfolder and the .tif files and temp files are still in there. The only preference I can find is how many jobs to keep in the queues and it is set to 600 for complete and 100 for failed. Is there some other setting or is this a bug in this version.

This is the operation of most of the RIPS I know. Normally you have to try to finish the work before any upgrade. This happens in programs like the PSM, Brisque, Xpo, Prinergy Evo. After retrieving the data is normal that the queues are empty. In PSM you have the possibility to save the job list in a file for later retrieval. If you do not reformat the disk containing the Hotfolder then the data will still be there to put them back into queues.

Using Hot Folder setup - select the HF, go in edit-> modify, next, modify - in the template menu click lower left "Options" button and uncheck the options to"remove job from queue" and "delete input files" for successful or failed. This will keep the jobs in the queues and allow you to resend them.

The setting in preferences of 600 and 100 is global - do not increase them unless you really need it - and will only take effect after the total number of processed files is reaching these numbers. This means that regardless of the options you set for "delete" in template menu, the files residing on hdd will only be deleted after reaching the number set in "Preferences". Using higher numbers will cause the drive to fill up and the system will slow down so remember to clean them manually.

I hope this will solve your issue...

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back