Z6100 Aggressive print scratches/lines at top of page.

DavePTS

Hey everyone,

I'm running a usually reliable and sturdy Z6100 (serviced just before Christmas), but lately i've noticed it's been hacking away the first 20cm or so of the print in four places of equal distance apart across the 1067mm page. The pattern it creates doesn't seem to be perfectly straight either, it's almost in a bit of a wave before tailing off, at which point it continues the print as usual. The console doesn't look to be catching on any of the rollers, i've aligned the printheads, cleaned the printheads and done all of the usual procedures, i've an incline that it may be a paper tension issue but can't be sure. I'm sure a short-term solution may be moving the entire margin down by 20-30cm, but i'd quite like to get to the bottom of it. Any suggestions short of calling an engineer out? Many thanks in advance from a long-term lurker!

photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

If anyone was curious as to how this was solved, it was relatively simple! Some of the small vaccuum holes on the printing path that suck the paper down whilst the maintenance console prints had become blocked up with ink and paper fibers over time, resulting in the console catching the print before the ink dried. Half an hour of unblocking with a safety pin later and it was back to running as normal!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back