Add slip sheet to a Variable Data printrun

sidneykidney

Soon I will be printing 100,000 cards (Business card size, 18up) onto an SRA3 sheet using Xerox 700 with Creo RIP. It will be using variable data with a random number which will be unique to each card (created in XMPIE's uDirect). It also has to stay in sequence, and so, I will be using the cut & stack imposition for guillotine purposes.

My problem is that my customer has asked me to bundle them into 100s. The best way I thought is to insert a pink sheet every 100 sheets.

How can I do this???

add a blank every 100 sheets in the RTP file then enter those blank pages in the exceptions field to draw the slip sheets from another drawer.

Sounds like a good idea, I understand the idea of using 'exception', but when you say 'add a blank to the RTP file' what do you mean...how to I do this

I'm not sure if it counts as a click, but I have noticed that when printing blank pages within a file, the accounting menu shows it up as blank in the 'blank pages column' (No Click)

Sounds like a good idea, I understand the idea of using 'exception', but when you say 'add a blank to the RTP file' what do you mean...how to I do this

You would need a have a blank job (or blank page in a job) in the storage area thats already been processed as an RTP. Then view your variable data RTP job in preview mode and select the 'Merge Job' button and it will give you a listing of RTP jobs you can choose from. Just find one that has a blank in there and merge every 100 sheets. That should get you where you want to be.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back