Your opinions/experience needed!

odsprinting

We are looking at three different machines
1) Xerox 700
2) Canon Imagepress 7000VP
3) Konica Minolta Bizhub C8000

I'm looking for the pros and cons of each.

Thanks

Brad

That is not really a fair direct comparison....older vs. newer technology....smaller vs. larger machines. What are your exact needs?

Any idea on the number of impressions you need to produce per month? Color/Mono SRA3/A4

what is the purpose of the machine? Mass Production, Digital Proof,Material to be use? Expected Monthly Volume?

If u want to have a production machine, go for KM or Canon
If u want to do the digital proof, go for Xerox, it should be the cheapest among the others.

We are looking at three different machines
1) Xerox 700
2) Canon Imagepress 7000VP
3) Konica Minolta Bizhub C8000

I'm looking for the pros and cons of each.

Thanks

Brad

If you want apples for apples, I would look at one of the 2 following groups of machines:

1) Xerox DCP 700, Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C7000, Canon ImageAdvance C9075

or

2) Xerox Color 800, Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS C8000, Canon Imagepress 7010

narrowed choice down - need real life experiences

narrowed choice down - need real life experiences

OK - we have an option for the following machines:

1) - Canon Imagepress 7000 - with upgrades of 7010VP. We have an option of getting this demo machine at an unbelievable price - configured all out to the max.
2) - Xerox 700 - again configured all out to the max. (also a good price)

Our volumes are not really high right now - but hoping to stop outsourcing to trade houses . Currently do 15-20K copies per month.

We run mostly coated stock, up to 12pt., usually 2 sided. Colour / quality is extremely critical.

There is about a $20K difference between machines.

We really need some direction as to what machine we should lean towards. Any and all opions are welcome.

Prepare for problems with volumes that low on a production machine. They don't take well to sitting idle. If I were you I would go with the one that's $20K cheaper (guessing the Xerox).

Make sure you insist on getting the Creo Color Server RIP CX700 with the Advanced Color Kit with Spectro. We are using this today and the RIP speed is amazing considering we were EFI before and had the RIP changed by Xerox. The Creo offers the following benefits:

1. No need to Re-RIP a job
2. Handles colours more consistently with no loss of image shift i.e. colours
3. Much easier to use than the EFI
4. Much better for handling PDF files and VDP.

Thanks.

We too are considering a Xerox 700. What would be the most common issues to be aware of with this machine. We currently have a KM 6500 and do about 35-40k monthly.

We have a Xerox 700 w/Fiery and Light Production Finisher. We've had the machine now for 25 months and have about 3.3 million full size clicks on it. Be aware that the cover inserter will only handle 11 1/2 x 17. It will not handle 12 x 18 or 13 x 19. The past 3 months we've been between 158,000 to 266,000 clicks and believe it or not, the machine has handled it well. The machine registers a lot better than the specs if you take the time to set up the jobs correctly. It's like any other machine, it has it's good times and it's bad times. Overall it has been an excellent machine.

12pt C2S... I wouldn't go with a X700... I have had 2... Through a contract dispute we had to replace the first one (gotta love the dealer realizing that they are losing money on the click rate they agreed to and deciding they were not going to ship any more toner). It was amazing... Didn't go over 10pt (and had to manually duplex that) but it held registration, color well and was stable. We did over 150,000 12x18s in the second month.

Got our second one from Xerox direct... The opposite of the first... Bad registration, couldn't hold color, and it was broken 3 times a week (minimum). That got sale reversed into a DC 5000.

We run #111 Silk Cover (13.4) & several different #110 uncoated text covers (up to 15pt) and don't have problems with registration.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back