Indigo 5600 Color Variation Problem

Travisimo

Hello All,

I'm experiencing a problem on my 5600 Press, the color is varying from the leading to the trailing edge, exposing a cyan to magenta hue on the image, here's a rough photoshop rendering illustrating my issue:

29xisgi.jpg

I've tried everything that I can think of under the sun, PIP Changes, Blanket Changes, Conductivity Calibrations, Ink Rebuilds, Ink Rebuilds with Calibration Cans, Scorotron Cleaning and Replacement, Gripper Changes, Imaging Oil Filters, Ozone Filters, Laser Window Cleaning, you name it I've done it, if anyone has had a similar issue and has a clue to a cause of or solution to the problem your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!
--Travisimo

Hmmm, this really seems wreid.

does the problem only exist in cyan/magenta? What happen when you change the color order? How looks one single separation?
i think, you had already check the grounding clips?

Hopefully, my english isn't too bad. ;)

I've seen this before, and it is perplexing. It usually goes away after a while. I've done all the same things you mention. Usually a color cast suggests an ink rebuild, but on the same sheet...(?!) the suggestion above, to change the print order is interesting, but I tend to think it might be related to the PTE lights. These are supposed to clear the charge on the PIP...maybe they aren't do a complete job all the time between colors. Try replacing the light panel, or swapping with another machine. Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back