GMC Inspire Designer and PDF Import

JRB

Registered Users
Hi all ~

I've been resizing PDF media boxes quite often for our VDP operators who use GMC's Inspire Designer so they can place "preprint" images onto their templates to output proofs of how the variable data will appear on the final. Is there any way to make GMC detect the trim box in a PDF for placement? So far all we can can find are referenced to media and crop boxes, which are usually the same in PDFs we receive.

~ J.R.

Get an account for the GMC User Commmunity

Get an account for the GMC User Commmunity

Hi all ~

I've been resizing PDF media boxes quite often for our VDP operators who use GMC's Inspire Designer so they can place "preprint" images onto their templates to output proofs of how the variable data will appear on the final. Is there any way to make GMC detect the trim box in a PDF for placement? So far all we can can find are referenced to media and crop boxes, which are usually the same in PDFs we receive.

~ J.R.

Hi J.R

I would suggest that you get an account on the GMC User forum. It is very active and our R&D monitor it regularly.

Henrik Nørby

It is there alright

It is there alright

I have a client that recommended we get GMC Inspire Designer in order to create 2d data matrix bar codes. All I'm finding is this site, GMC Software Technology | Customer communications management software and there is nothing on there that talks about a designer application?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Hi Lammy

You won't see the actual Designer on GMC's webpage, though it is mentioned many places, but rest assured that there is a very capable tool there.

If you only need 2D barcodes, it is over the top, but in your context it may make a lot of sense.

I would suggest that you contact gmc via the homepage you looked at or reach out for some of gmc's distribution channels like e.g. Xerox.

Regards Henrik

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back