Avantra 25 error 183

Mulya,

Do you get this error on boot up, and can you clear error? If its a solid error you may have a bad motor, or a bad SDM.

STSTech

STSTech,

yes this error on boot up and clear with Plus icon,
yesterday L298N U6 on SDM was broken and i've replace with new IC then i get this error every time on boot up...

Mulya,

OK. You replaced U6. U6 controls the nip solenoids. Did some one power up Avantra with cable to outer nip touching the frame of unit? If you removed the outer nip, make sure that when you re installed nip that you did not pinch any wires. I
would also check for proper nip solenoid operation, and monitor film feeding.

STSTech

No matter if the wires were pinched, The first step will be to Swap the Supply and take up SDM to make sure the U6 was mounted and the connectors plugged properly. I am sure you are aware of performing the Mechanical alignment on the NIP after changing the U6. Right?

Last edited:
Mulya
Please open the attached file for the connector position of the NIP solenoids and the Motor on Take up SDM. Make sure the wires are connected to the connectors properly. Check the wires for continuity with a Multi-meter. Align(adjust) the Solenoids to make sure they actually move back and forth with the aid of AVdiag and unidiag commands. Further, try to test the motor for proper functionality and replace it.

Attachments

• Nip.jpg
    Nip.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Thanks Farshad
I've Check with AVDIAG :
NIP Solenoids is Passed
NIPS Test on DEC Test is error (Apis Command Failed)

Thanks Farshad
I've Check with AVDIAG :
NIP Solenoids is Passed
NIPS Test on DEC Test is error (Apis Command Failed)

As I mentioned go through provided troubleshooting steps. Do not get back here until you have done everything. I am not there to check everything.You have to do it.

Did you Swap the SDMs? Is error 183 is still there or other errors generated? If so what is the new error?
Did you hear a noise when you engaged/disengaged the solenoids? No, do Mechanical alignment on the solinoids.
Did you test(continuity test) 2 sides of the wires from connectors to the assembly? Do that from inside of the Connector to Motor and the solenoid. Make sure the wires are OK. Make sure you have proper and reliable connections.
Did you check the connectors to be connected to right spots on the take up SDM according to attached diagram?
Did you test the motor? Is it OK? is the voltage coming to motor? Do you feel physical movement on the motor? Dismount the motor from the NIP and try to run the test again, does it fail again? Yes? Replace the Motor. Do you have the motor?

E-mail me a picture of the NIP Motor with all the information on it? I do not have an Avantra 25 close to me.
E-mail to [email protected].

Hope this will help!

Attachments

• Nip.jpg
    Nip.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back