patched ppd for Agfa Viper

hdanm

I am looking for a patched *ppd* for using with *OSX 10.4.x/Quark 7.x*, to print from an OSX station to an *Accuset1000/Viper 1.9.2 RIP* running on an old G3 with OS9.
Any help ?

Daniel

Re: patched ppd for Agfa Viper

Pressgeek,
I already tried the ppd from that link. It's based on a version 4.2 AGFA ppd from 2004. It doesn't define well the framework.
During my tests I had unexpected failures to print some fonts (sometimes "some typefaces" printed well and others not). Even *same* fonts used in the *same layout*, some of them printed *well* and others *wrong* !!!. I don't know how to explain that...!?
It also fails to rotate pages.
Anyway, it's the closest I found so far.

Daniel, AgfaSet 4.2 will create a proper PPD that will work.
You must run the program on the RIP Computer.
It will appear that it has locked up. Ignore it for 15 minutes after new messages stop being posted, then forcequit.
The PPD will be there.

If you don't have AgfaSet 4.2 and the PPD generator file, send me an email.

Jim,
I do have AgfaSet 4.2 and the ppd generator file, but I don't know how to follow your advice from there....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back