AGFA PAC PCI bus APIS" drivers for w2k

Hi macao100,

Are you referring to the PAC Board that is in PrintDrive which connects to a platesetter/imagesetter?

Thanks,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Thank s all

Thank s all

The imagesetter is AGFA AVANTRA 25

The driver i need is for pci interface bord on PC (PAC APIS board)
driver for windows 2000 if you ca help me

I m try to install demo version of Harlequin 8,1 to test it.

"Before we have Viper 3 and agfa apogee solution, but we los the dongle key on mac G4" it why we try to find a solution to use or equipment.

Sorry for my english.

Is it an scsi card ?

Thank's

Last edited:
You're looking for a pci interface bord on PC (PAC APIS board) driver. As far as I know, this interface is AGFA made. On the other hand, you're testing latest HQ rip. Again, as far as I know, only Xitron and RTI are selling AGFA "kits". Your problem is that both Xitron and RTI are selling their own interface cards. Therefore, IMHO, PAC driver will not help you at all, if you want to use it with a HQ rip. But, of course, I can be wrong ...

Regards,
John

thank 's again for all

thank 's again for all

i'm tried the driver tomorow.

so can i use avantra 25 with out card ?

Some one know a system or soft i can use to directly send work from pc or mac to calibrate KBA rapida 105 ?

thank s

William thank you for drivers it's work well on w2K

I tried now to make it work whith my demo of Harlequin rip, if any one have a subjection for a software ?

So the driver is intalled and software is ok but i have the message "NO PB CARD" when i send a file.

I miss some thing ?

In order to drive your imagesetter with HQ rip, you need an appropriate plugin, installed in the HQ Rip. And I doubt you have it. This is the reason why it does not work.

thank for all

i think the hq driver PB2 card can't drive the original Agfa pci board. One friend got the full version of HQ and Navigator, we install all but imposible to work. so any one know where i can by the dongle for viper 3 on Mac or any idee.

Indeed, HQ driver PB2 card can't drive the original Agfa pci board.
Viper? Why don't you get a PDF Rip?

The RIP will not work with the Agfa card. It will only work with the card used by the Rip company (Xitron). There is no way around that.

stolen dongle key

stolen dongle key

please can someone help. someone removed the dongle at the back of a system.
how can we get a replacement for it. the dongle is for ctp imagining.
The software running on the machine is apogeex as well as galeillo
thank you

Hi

I came across you on an old forum, I am looking for a PAC Driver for OS 8.6 can you help
Thanks in advance

Paul Brabazon

please can someone help. someone removed the dongle at the back of a system.
how can we get a replacement for it. the dongle is for ctp imagining.
The software running on the machine is apogeex as well as galeillo
thank you

Ouch. It's been my experience (based on what I have heard/been told) that when a permanent dongle goes missing, you may have to pay the value of your Apogee/Galileo system to get a new dongle (obviously expensive). You may want to contact your Agfa sales rep and explain your situation and see what your options are.

Hope you can find it!

Regards,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Xitron (Xitron.com Prepress RIP and Workflow Solutions) and RTI (Harlequin RIP, Harlequin RIPs, Software RIP, NEW! Harlequin Software RIP Version 8.1) do sell interface cards that will work with the Agfa machines, but the original Agfa Apogee or Viper interface card that shipped with Agfa RIPs and Workflows will not work in the Xitron or RTI RIP because those cards were designed for older systems and were designed to only work with the Agfa produced RIPs and Workflows. You would need a different interface card supplied by one of them.

Jon is right. The dongle is your license for high end software, so if it is lost or stolen then you would have to buy a new license. Some manufacturers will offer a small discount if you say your dongle is lost or stolen. If it is lost or stolen then it should be reported as such and also have your manufacturer make a note of it. That way if someone does call in for support on the product they will not be able to get support or upgrades for it.

Do you have the apis/pac drivers for mac os 9.2 ?....we've looked everywhere. Your help would be greatlt appreciated.

Here's the APIS driver. Although I'm not sure this will solve your problem or not. What the heck, give it a try. I don't think you need the compression (PAC) driver, if you're not using an Agfa RIP or PrintDrive. If you do, I can post that too.

Do you have install files for Apogee 2 and Printdrive for AGFA Galileo VS4?

i have problen

i have problen

I have a taipan rip avantra 2.01 for a 30 but can not find the driver for communication between the card and rip avantra I could help and other questions under this program that can run windows thank you very much in advance and looking forward to have in their daily work

juan lopez edgardo
Graphic designer

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back