Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Flexo Imagesetters

Our Thermoflex has officially reached end of life. We mostly run linework and not a huge quantity of plates coming through. Kodak did the sales pitch for their system where the plates are laminated and then run through processing but honestly its more than we need.

What other imagesetters are people using? Any experience with the chemistry free options that are available?

Thanks!
    Meesh

Depends on your needs and budget. We run here Amsky plate setter. Cheap, small and reliable.
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by meesh-lars View Post
      Our Thermoflex has officially reached end of life. We mostly run linework and not a huge quantity of plates coming through. Kodak did the sales pitch for their system where the plates are laminated and then run through processing but honestly its more than we need.

What other imagesetters are people using? Any experience with the chemistry free options that are available?

Thanks!
      Meesh

Sounds like you looked at Flexcel NX, where the TIL is laminated to the plate, prior to exposure… However there is also Kodak DITR, which is a high resolution thermal laser ablative film (no processing), which I believe does not require lamination to the plate (if that is the issue as you mainly do linework, so you don’t require the oxygen inhibition process for flat top dots).

https://www.kodak.com/au/en/print/Pr...lm/default.htm
      https://www.kodak.com/au/en/print/Pr...es/default.htm

(Disclosure: I work for a Kodak dealer)

Stephen Marsh
      Comments are personal and my views may not be shared by my employer or partners.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisZ View Post
        Depends on your needs and budget. We run here Amsky plate setter. Cheap, small and reliable.
        Chris
        The first time I saw an Amsky was at DRUPA before last and to tell the truth I was not impressed, it had the look and feel of a 1970ties Fiat, tinny and a bit wobbly, also the drum looked crude and almost unfinished with a pronounced seam running lengthways. It seems they have now gotten their act together by your description.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Marsh View Post

Sounds like you looked at Flexcel NX, where the TIL is laminated to the plate, prior to exposure… However there is also Kodak DITR, which is a high resolution thermal laser ablative film (no processing), which I believe does not require lamination to the plate (if that is the issue as you mainly do linework, so you don’t require the oxygen inhibition process for flat top dots).

https://www.kodak.com/au/en/print/Pr...lm/default.htm
          https://www.kodak.com/au/en/print/Pr...es/default.htm

(Disclosure: I work for a Kodak dealer)

Stephen Marsh
          Stephen,
          What platesetters do these run on?

Comment

Originally posted by meesh-lars View Post

Stephen,
            What platesetters do these run on?
            That depends, am I going to get a commission from Kodak? :]

We only look after the AU & NZ territory, so what’s in it for me?

Just kidding!

DITR film can be processed on specific/qualified Kodak Thermoflex and Kodak Trendsetter thermal imagers (I believe that they may need to be equipped with a debris removal cabinet)… Further info see my first two lines! :]

Stephen Marsh
            Last edited by Stephen Marsh; 03-12-2018, 08:29 PM.
            Comments are personal and my views may not be shared by my employer or partners.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
            4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanon Graph Expo4 PeesGTI

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3490 users online. 34 members and 3456 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
            X