Does Pitstop run in Mac OS 10.5?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Pitstop run in Mac OS 10.5?

IT is trying to move all on macs to Leopard.

Currently our small group uses Pitstop in Acrobat 7 on OS 10.4. Will we have issues running Pitstop on system 10.5

Re: Does Pitstop run in Mac OS 10.5?

I use it everyday. I have the latest version of Pitstop though so I can't speak of earlier versions. I do use Acrobat 7 with it too as Acrobat 8 is not a useable product at this point in time.
    Joe
    OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

Thanks, Joe.

I got the feeling that Acrobat 8 was the version written for Intel Macs, right? So running v 7 would mean Rosetta... (as in my quark post, we are eventually moving to new, ie Intel, Macs)

Comment

Yes but Acrobat 7 is better running under Rosetta than Acrobat 8 running natively.
        Joe

Comment

I see that written a lot. I for one have had no problems with A8 in 10.5
          Yes, it is bloated beyond belief. However, I hit it hard every single day with no issues.
          Again, running a brand new Mac Pro with 10 gig of ram might be the difference.

Comment

> {quote:title=kaiserwilhelm wrote:}{quote}
            > I see that written a lot. I for one have had no problems with A8 in 10.5
            > Yes, it is bloated beyond belief. However, I hit it hard every single day with no issues.
            > Again, running a brand new Mac Pro with 10 gig of ram might be the difference.

All the processor power and ram in the world isn't going to reduce the extra 8 billion mouse clicks it takes to get a job out in Acrobat 8. :-)

Edited by: Joe on May 14, 2008 2:58 AM
            Joe

Comment

It will work fine. Just make sure you are using PitStop Pro 7.52. Acrobat 8 I have been told by some has problems on 10.5. I haven't had any major problems myself though. I haven't had any negative feedback from clients about Acrobat 8 and 10.5 with PitStop.
              Matt Beals
              The views expressed here are my own personal views and are not those of my employer.

Comment

under Mac OS X 10.5 on my 2x2GHz Dual Core the PitStop 7.5 runs fine and dandy

Comment

I have to agree with you there Joe.
                  Regards, John
                  Technical Manager - RR Donnelley

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
                  UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5657 users online. 148 members and 5509 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                  X