Is there a way to pause/stop a Pitstop Action list?

Hi, there.
I am testing a somewhat lengthly action-list, and it is not working as expected.
I would like to pause or stop the action-list in the middle to see where the problem is.
For example:
The list contains 20 actions. I want to see if the problem is by the fifth action? The tenth?
What I did until now, is duplicated the action-list, deleted the last 15 actions, and then ran it.
Removed the duplicate, duplicated the original again, deleted the last 10 actions, and then ran it.
. . .
It's pretty time-consuming that way, especially if the action-lists are password-protected.
Any ideas would be appreciated,
SK

Not that I am aware of… I floated the idea of having an enable/disable checkbox next to each action step similar to Adobe actions, however if I remember other users did not think that this was a good idea and that maintaining the status quo was preferable (duplicating the .eal, deleting steps etc).

What Enfocus think is a good idea is another matter… perhaps one day!

Stephen Marsh

I too would like something along these lines, but I've always thought it should be more like a 'debug' mode that either runs with a new pane open showing each step of the action as it runs - or you just run from within the action list (instead of having to save/close the action to run it). And when run from that window it would only run one step at a time, waiting for the user to interact (click 'OK') before it would continue on and run the next action in the list. That way you could see progress on the file (in the background) while still having the action list open and knowing exactly which action just ran.
They had a 'debugging' workshop a few months ago, but as I recall the steps outlined there are basically what you're already doing (duplicate action list, delete last set of actions, test, repeat until test passes, etc...)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back