Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-bit TIFF compression for FlexRIP input

I'm struggling with a client at the moment. Anyone know for sure what modes of 1-bit TIFF compression the FlexRIP input understands. I see on Esko's support site that the output supports the usual LZW and CCITT Group 4 but those seem to be failing. Thoughts?

Re: 1-bit TIFF compression for FlexRIP input

I'd try Packbits.
    Joe
    OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

Describe the failing... any error messages?

Comment

Love to describe failing but I can't. The error is on the client's end and information is 5th or 6th party coming back rather than grunt-to-grunt. People have an overwhelming tendency to describe what they think the solution to the problem is rather than objectively describing the problem anyways so I can only act on best guesses. According to manufacturer's documentation CCIT Group 4 is supported in and out of both systems and I know has a great compression ratio on out kind of work. Just looking for direct experience from others to support or dispute that finding.

Comment

I guess all I have to add then is that we've been outputting using G4 compression for years without problem.... not very helpful to you, I imagine.

Comment

Not entirely unhelpful. Affirmation that the G4 is ubiquitous and bullet-proof for many helps me put the actual compression algorithm low on the list of probable suspects.

Thanks.

Comment

If you get a hold of any error messages or logs with more details, pass them on.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
              Standard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA4OverSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5516 users online. 99 members and 5417 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
              X