Connecting to Nexus 8.4r4 on a Windows 2000 server

Prepress_Parasite

I have an iMac that has both Airport and Ethernet. For some strange reason Nexus Manager will not connect to the workflow server if Airport is enabled. Is there a workaround so I don't have to keep turning off Airport before I launch Nexus Manager?

What OS are you running on your iMac?

I've noticed under Leopard there can be a problem when you try to connect to Nexus when you have 2 IP adresses (ethernet and ariport). I tend to turn off airport for that reason. Not only for nexus but for all server connections on a mac towards W2K3 servers.

Under Tiger, if I remember well, I also had that problem.

Are your ethernet and airport in the same network or subnet?
Maybe your airport is in a completely different network range than ethernet and therefore also not in the same range as the Nexus server.
I would simply turn off airport because it's recommended to have a good stable connection, I would not like to lose the airport connection in the middle of building a complex workflow ;-)
Also if you have 2 or more network connections then I don't see how Nexus Manager can know what connection it should use so it will probably just take the first active one.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back