Artpro 9 released

Bobmorli

Just got a mail from EskoArwork saying AP9 is released. Anyone done the install yet? Any issues?

The ViewX features are a big improvement. For us the total inkcoverage is a real great tool.

Did the install on 1 mac without any issues so far...

I'm running 10.5.5 but would still rather use 10.4 in production here (huge problems with connections to windows servers). However Artpro runs fine.
I actually never print within Artpro (use Nexus and Shuttle) but just did a test. Printed 10 documents to our CLC1180 without any problems.

hi all

I am one of their Alfa/Beta testers, and i can say its relatively good release with some nice new features thank to the merger.

I'm running 10.5.5 but would still rather use 10.4 in production here (huge problems with connections to windows servers). However Artpro runs fine.
I actually never print within Artpro (use Nexus and Shuttle) but just did a test. Printed 10 documents to our CLC1180 without any problems.

Cheers Bob,:):)

I think most people will agree this is the most stable release in years ;)
I have not yet found any major issues.

one thing I'm not to happy about though is the registration option in the Paintstyle window. I've had all the operators here complain about it. we use the 'a+t' or 'a+x' shortcut often to then apply one color paint to some element. Now you first have to click off the Registration box. Not that great progress for us.
Other than that no big issues as you say...

one thing I'm not to happy about though is the registration option in the Paintstyle window. I've had all the operators here complain about it. we use the 'a+t' or 'a+x' shortcut often to then apply one color paint to some element. Now you first have to click off the Registration box. Not that great progress for us.
Other than that no big issues as you say...

The registration option was already there in 8.6.
But if you use the shortcut "a+x" then this means "all colors 100%" and this is the way you would have defined a registration color in Artpro before this registration checkbox existed. It still does the same thing but now the registration checkbox is enabled to show you that Artpro will treat this as a registration color.

But I agree the registration checkbox should be disabled if you use "a+t" or "all transparent".

it's not only with the a+x or a+t we have a problem. Let's say you have a CMYK job where you want a color C=30 M=30 Y=30 B=0
You have to add an extra click if you want to change the B value.
I couldn't say if it was allready in the 8.6 because we could never upgrade. Tried all the revisions but allways had a problem with our filename convention.
Still gonna ask EskoArtwork to get a prefrence choice if you want to use the option or not.

So, when is Artpro 9 going to be released to us here in Europe?

I keep logging into and checking the Esko site and all I get is Artpro 8.6 Rev 8, we have two separate contracts with Artwork Systems / Esko and neither of them come up with Artpro 9.

Thanks

I keep logging into and checking the Esko site and all I get is Artpro 8.6 Rev 8, we have two separate contracts with Artwork Systems / Esko and neither of them come up with Artpro 9.

Thanks

It should be online, maybee contact Esko to see what is the problem.

Thanks

Definitely contact your local sales channels. They can give you the correct answer to your question.

it's not only with the a+x or a+t we have a problem. Let's say you have a CMYK job where you want a color C=30 M=30 Y=30 B=0
You have to add an extra click if you want to change the B value.
I couldn't say if it was allready in the 8.6 because we could never upgrade. Tried all the revisions but allways had a problem with our filename convention.
Still gonna ask EskoArtwork to get a prefrence choice if you want to use the option or not.

Not sure that I understand what you are trying to do and find a problem with the registration check box. I haven't found an issue with it, In fact I find it better as I can tag a 20% as reg so I only need enter 20% in 1st sep then click reg box and it does the rest. Also it is now great as I can have reg box unchecked and add new seps and these don;t get added to the objects.

I do know in the UK it is a controlled launch and not just released to everyone straight away. We contacted support and asked for it as we are on contact it was released to us.

AP9 works on powerpc with osx.

don't know about the osx as virtual machine on a pc, never tried that. I didn't know you could run osx on a pc as a vm. gonna try that sometime...

You can run OSX Client as a virtual machine under VMware. The only thing that I believe can be a problem with virtual machines is dongle access.

I am not sure you would be able to connect to the dongle for ArtPro to get its license. Also would guess support will say not supported if you ever log a call.

madmac,
Sorry if this may sound dumb, but what VMware product do you need for that? I'd like to install OSX Leopard on my XP Pro at home to see how it works but don't know what product to get from their site. I mean you have VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure / VMware ThinApp / VMware ACE / VMware Workstation / VMware Player and such. What do I need to get my OSX from my macbook to my PC?

Thanks for the help!

You can't do that it would be a break of license. If you want to do it you would need an standard leopard installer boxed of the shelf.

Then you would use VMware to create the virtual machine and install OS from the DVD. Once you have that image that is your master. You keep backup of that. So you just restore when you trash the OS of your virtual machine.

However as I said before I don't think it will work because of the dongle that protects ArtPro.

If you have macbook why not just run it on that?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back