New (Free) Design & Imposition APP released by HiFlow

HiFlow Solutions, a leading global provider of end-to-end management software solutions for folding carton, label converters, flexible packaging and corrugated producers, annouces the release of a free Microsoft Windows application for imposing labels, packaging and commercial print jobs.

“When a packaging company gets a request for quote, it’s important to respond as quickly as possible since quite often, whoever responds first gets the job,” states Romek Kowalczyk, Product Manager at HiFlow, who developed the specifications for this application. “This free imposition application can replace a time-consuming manual estimating process to offer quicker deliveries of quotes to customers.”

• Kowalczyk explains that in many shops, a request for quote will be received by sales or customer service, who then needs to forward it to estimating. The estimator enters data into an Excel spreadsheet that is then sent to the CAD department. There, he says, they may use another tool, or a manual process, to draw and impose designs, which are then sent back to estimating. “This can take time,” he says, “especially if the CAD department is busy. By using our free imposition tool, this step is removed from the process altogether, unless it is an especially complex design.”
  • Contained in the free app is a catalog of different structures for folding carton, labels, corrugated and common commercial printing applications such as brochures, leaflets, folders and more. “These structure descriptions are familiar to most of our users,” Kowalczyk adds. “Once they choose the item from the catalog that matches the customer request, they can see the design, the flat layout of the requested item. This is always the first step in creating an estimate. They are then able to make changes to the parameters, if needed, and enter the sheet size that matches their printing equipment. Then they select Impose, and the design is automatically imposed on the right sheet size with the most efficient possible use of the substrate. This eliminates the need to involve the CAD department and immediately provides the estimator with the information needed to generate the estimate, including the amount of material required.”
The app is not a trial version, but contains two of the modules that HiFlow offers as part of its paid software system - the Packaging Design and Packaging Imposition modules. It's a free app, with unlimited use, for an unlimited time. Visit the website for more information on the app download and HiFlow's other offerings for the packaging and print industry. www.HiFlowSolutions.com

The application can be downloaded here: HiFlow Solutions introduces Free Imposition Application - HiFlowSolutions

Attachments

• HIFLow IMP  (960 x 540 px) (1).png
    HIFLow IMP (960 x 540 px) (1).png
    266.5 KB · Views: 90
Thanks for sharing this great offer. First, I always gotta ask with anything being offered for free, what's the catch?

Last edited:
Do you really want to know? Ok, we are not one of the big guys that have a big presence on the market, you know, which include Canon, Ricoh, EFI (eProductivity), Esko, Advantive. We're the new guys on the block. This offer is our attempt to introduce our brand, and what better way than to offer a sample of the software. Then, perhaps down the road, when your company considers updating your ERP, you might include HiFlow in your short list! 😊
Good idea, thanks for the honesty!

UPDATE: I initially had issues downloading, but realized it was with the Microsoft store and not their app. I tried it on a different computer and it downloaded just fine. I already received my license key so I tested out the application. FYI, as the OP says, this software is ONLY for on-screen viewing of how many pieces will fit on a press sheet. It will not let you export the imposition to use in printing or pre-press. (at least not from what I can tell...maybe I'm missing something but that seems to be it's only purpose.)

UPDATE: I initially had issues downloading, but realized it was with the Microsoft store and not their app. I tried it on a different computer and it downloaded just fine. I already received my license key so I tested out the application. FYI, as the OP says, this software is ONLY for on-screen viewing of how many pieces will fit on a press sheet. It will not let you export the imposition to use in printing or pre-press. (at least not from what I can tell...maybe I'm missing something but that seems to be it's only purpose.)
I think I understand better now from your description. This is for estimating purposes ONLY, not prepress. Perhaps prepress has the full-blown paid version for output and the estimating department is given a free copy for preview only, a nice idea. You saved me the time of trying something that would not be a good fit for my situation. Thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back