Prinergy 8 and VPS question...

lostmind

We recently just changed over to Prinergy 8 and I just noticed on a particular job that the VPS was messed up. It was missing color out of the background of a postcard I was working on. I went back and previewed the refined pdf and it was perfect and then I made a pdf proof of the Imposition, and it was correct, but the VPS wasn't. I double-checked the settings with my previous version of Prinergy EVO and I didn't see anything different. In fact, I ran the job through EVO and made a VPS there, and it was also correct. Being a printer and relying strongly on the VPS proof for accuracy, I am greatly concerned when something like this happens. Has this happened to anyone else, and were you able to fix it?

Was the missing object a spot color? Also what resolution are you making the VPS? If it is under 800 dpi try running it at 800 dpi.

No spot color. VPS set at 2450. I know that's high but that's what we've been going on for years on EVO.

Is the missing object an image? Vector? If you can get me the PDF I can run it though Prinergy 7.5 and see if it happens there.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back