RIP problems on hot job!

dmrivet

2 interesting issues..

1. On a 2 color job it would drop 3 spot colors (soon came to realize it was something on DynaStrip). I corrected this, but now the Raster Blaster aborts whe nI try to drop to the platesetter's GUI

2. I can send a PDF through the Zenith's RIP and it comes out with an Adobe Acrobat error "Wrong number of arguments for a setcolor operator" when I try to open the RIPed file. I discovered this when it would continuously fail to drop.

Any ideas?? I've been sitting here for 8 hours trying to figure this one out!

Here is what my RIP is saying:

picture2.jpg

Looks like you are feeding a PDF to a CPSI (PostScript-based) RIP. It says "PDF to PS conversion failure", so my first thought would be to submit the file as a PostScript rather than PDF and see if you get anywhere.

Looks like you are feeding a PDF to a CPSI (PostScript-based) RIP. It says "PDF to PS conversion failure", so my first thought would be to submit the file as a PostScript rather than PDF and see if you get anywhere.

:eek: holy crap! It dropped.... Thanks man, I had no idea I could drop ps files in here!
Cheers! I owe you a beer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back