V

Visualaid

...setup my variable data file in Indesign, exported to pdf,
made my imposition template in fusionpro imposer,
open the pdf and went thru the wizard,
then onto "compose",
4up on 12x18 2 sided variable data on both sides,
it imposes it but only one piece of art is showing,
it shows the crops and spaces for the 3 other pieces.

i read to work on your desktop, i tried that,
i read to not have any capital letters in the filenames, i tried that,

i still get the same result no matter if i do 100 records or the whole 9,000.

any thoughts?

tried that

tried that

Impose it in Indesign!

when imposing in Indesign, it pushes all of the artwork to the bottom right and not centered on the document, and I don't have time to center the art with as many pages/documents Indesign creates from multiple records up. for example, I've tried creating multiple up merged document using the size of the artwork, and I've tried creating multiple up merged document using the run size; nothing is centered once multiple records up document is created. why does it push everything to the bottom right instead of centering all of the pieces on the run size or finish size.

instead of email here it is...

instead of email here it is...

Hi Visualaid,

Can you email me your FusionPro Imposer Template file?

jmorgan <at> hopkinsprinting <dot> com

Thanks,
hp

I've emailed it. Any help is very much appreciated.

turns out...

turns out...

I've emailed it. Any help is very much appreciated.
indesign was bugging out; all i needed to do to impose in indesign was make a new document and then go thru the multiple record up and it worked like a charm. guess there was something wrong with the original indesign document i created or maybe you can't impose in the same document as you setup the variable data.

fusionpro never worked after trying different things all day long.

next time i'll just make static sides and send to the fiery, then send the data to the fiery and marry them.
what a mess.

Hi Visualaid,

Glad you were able to figure it out. One question if I may. To avoid some of the mess, is doing your FusionPro work directly in Acrobat an option? I only ask as that is how we do our work and it works like a charm every time.

Best regards,
hp

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back