Images Disappear From PDF

Kelley0328

When I export to PDF from QuarkXpress 7.5 sometimes my images disappear. I have not been able to narrow down when or why. It seems completely random. Any ideas?

try not to direct export as a pdf file..first make a postscript file then using acrobat distiller creat your pdf file i think you will hv no problem.....

Basically my problem is Quark as usual right?

yep, quark PDF writer sucks, best to do what amomtaz93 suggest. We are a major quark-based Publisher and we export it to a Postscript file then distill it.

Do you have your pdf style settings saved or do you enter them manually each time you output a pdf. We have ours saved so that whenever we do export to a pdf the settings are EXACTLY the same from machine to machine and job to job. (you can do this under "Edit > Output Styles" After you create your setup, you can export it and import it into Quark on all the computers that use it (mac an pc).

Also, how much memory do you have on the machine in question? Could it be a memory problem?

Great suggestion, Oxburger. Remember, though, you can only create new output styles by opening Quark without opening a Quark file, otherwise the option to create an output style will not be available.

And the memory can be changed under Quark preferences. Change the virtual memory to 1024 MB and then relaunch Quark before attempting to export a pdf or write a ps for later distilling.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back