Collapse
CanonKonica Minolta
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Were / Are Better Times?

1) The day when you had to rely on what was between your ears and utilized pens, pencils, paper and books for communication and knowledge?

Or................................................ .............

2) The day when you mostly utilized electronic devices for communication and knowledge, with little matter what exists between your ears?

Happy replying.

D Ink Man

3.) The days on that you can communicate with the whole Planet Earth including the use of google translator to share your doubts in doing that in exactly that „digital“ way, you want to compare with real „human“ conditions?

Why again that (seems very american at the moment for me - look at the McCoy/Hatfield-syndrome mentioned in the last discussion here in the lounge) style of question to offer only two possible answers?

Neither „the digital world“ nor single humans (and their brain- or handicraft) are good or bad.

The digital world as well as a single human are always both, good and(!) bad.

Or, like Neil Young already sung: Even Richard Nixon has got Soul, so that includes Donald Trump i think?

Well, i see upcoming a hard discussion whith Neil on his next trip to Europe...

;-)

Best

Ulrich
    Last edited by Ulrich; 10-11-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I’d rather be alive now than dead at any other time.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gordo View Post
          I’d rather be alive now than dead at any other time.
          I am not positive about that.
          D

Comment

Originally posted by D Ink Man View Post

I am not positive about that.
            D
            That suggests that something has recently happened in your life - or have you always felt that way?

Comment

That suggests that something has recently happened in your life - or have you always felt that way?
              GOD if I know.

Comment

1) The day when you had to rely on what was between your ears and utilized pens, pencils, paper and books for communication and knowledge?

Or................................................ .............

2) The day when you mostly utilized electronic devices for communication and knowledge, with little matter what exists between your ears?

Happy replying.

D Ink Man
                Getting back to your original post.

Knowledge, like information, is not understanding. Individual value comes from understanding more so than from knowledge or information since the latter are easily acquired by anyone whereas understanding must be developed by the individual and is not easily acquired.

Comment

Getting back to your original post.

Knowledge, like information, is not understanding. Individual value comes from understanding more so than from knowledge or information since the latter are easily acquired by anyone whereas understanding must be developed by the individual and is not easily acquired.
                  Such a fine response that must eventually answer to 'the' D Ink Man and St. Pete. Nevertheless, your reply is respected, as always. Thank you, although somewhat confused by your writings. Just an inkman, you no.

D

Comment

I look to my Children. Is their life better than mine was when i was their age. My kids are well employed, only one is a printer, and they tell me that Life is Good. Everyone is healthy and the bills are getting paid so these are the "good times" if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by old guy View Post
                      I look to my Children. Is their life better than mine was when i was their age. My kids are well employed, only one is a printer, and they tell me that Life is Good. Everyone is healthy and the bills are getting paid so these are the "good times" if you ask me.
                      I like that.

D Ink Man

Comment

GOD if I know.
                        You got the correct help there.

Comment

Originally posted by DYP View Post

You got the correct help there.
                          I know, Gordo always helps. He is an outstanding member of the Planet. Thanks for the confirmation.

D

Comment

Gordo is indeed the Burning Bush in this forum. Epistemology is the branch of philosophy concerned with the theory of knowledge. When you have a question or need a quote this a good spot.

Comment

Originally posted by smalloffsetpressexperts View Post
                              Gordo is indeed the Burning Bush in this forum. Epistemology is the branch of philosophy concerned with the theory of knowledge. When you have a question or need a quote this a good spot.
                              Or the Kalama Sutta.

(Why isn’t there a 13th floor? Should Pantone supply Haint Blue ink?)

Just as an example, if you’ve read any of Erik Nikkanen’s posts he often seems to be highlighting the difference between knowledge/information and understanding when he posts about press design.
                              Last edited by gordo; 10-12-2018, 01:16 AM.

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)CanonKBAUltimate
                              4OverStandard FinishingDuploCanonKBAKBAChili publish4 PeesSmartsoft (Presswise)

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5455 users online. 142 members and 5313 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
                              X