1000I Gold and Silver Ink

I thought the same. I figured someone found a new word that day and just wanted to use it. It may be a Pantone color, so I'll give them that.

Florida, we got rid of the 800 when the 1000i came out so they might have adjusted the pricing structure when they released gold/silver.

Anyone here knows if you can actually use the Silver ink to mix with other colors to get Metallics?
Maybe a screen of Silver on top of lets say Magenta to get a metallic Pink?

Also, is the Silver and Gold opaque enough to print on dark substrates (ex: black stock) and emulate a foil color?

Out of the samples I have, they don't show off mixing other colors with the silver or gold. I'm assuming it is a similar concept with the clear where there is a max amount of ink coverage you can accumulate before it gets lost in the image. And honestly I'll say the silver and gold aren't anywhere near a foil. It is sometimes pitched as a foil replacement, but I think that is just silly. It could be a good accent if you are doing the right commercial work. This is just my opinion, I'm sure others are quite happy with the additional options.

Attached is a document that covers it. They had a sample of a Pewter in the PDF. We just ran a test sample of a Navy blue sheet with gold on it and it looked great.

Crap, the file was too big.

Last edited:
Craig,
Can you post a link to it?

Thank you guys for the response.

Attached is a document that covers it. They had a sample of a Pewter in the PDF. We just ran a test sample of a Navy blue sheet with gold on it and it looked great.

Crap, the file was too big.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back