1st largescale tiled wall mural

voxyoxide

Hello, the company I work for is fairly new to the world of wide-format and we have our first very large +50ft wall to cover in vinyl. We're printing 54" wide material and obviously have to tile it and then cut the panels down to size. My question is this, I need to add registration dots for a Colex cutter and and a cut file, we use Onyx or Versaworks software to print to a Roland roll fed both will tile and create overlaps but not the dots or cut lines for a Colex, as far as I can tell. Other than using Illustrator to manually tile this mural is there anything else anyone does/uses to streamline this process? Thank you

In our version of Thrive it has the option to add the marks for a Colex Sharpcut in CutServer.
Maybe that works.
Note before printing you need to select the cutter in Job Editor or Rip Queue.

In our version of Thrive it has the option to add the marks for a Colex Sharpcut in CutServer.
Maybe that works.
Note before printing you need to select the cutter in Job Editor or Rip Queue.
Yes, I have been able to add the dots in CutServer but how do you save a file from JobEditor or RipQueue so that CutServer recognizes it. CutServer only picks up .svg or .xml and I cant figure out how to save a file that has been edited in JobEditor as one of those. I have even saved it as a .tiff from editor and then converted that to .svg but it still doesn't recognize it. Thanks for getting back.

Not sure mate. We only use Cutserver to send cut files to our Summa vinyl cutter.
Maybe ask Onyx support or your dealer?
We have a Zund flatbed cutter which has it's own software.
Pretty sure lots of sign folk use Colex cutters so I'm sure there's a simple solution.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back