3 phase VFD and Static Converters for Cutter

AP90

Hey guys, we moved into a new shop not too long ago. The only 3 phase item we have is a Challenge 305 cutter. Our old place had 3 phase, but our new place doesn't. I ordered both a VFD and Static Phase Converter to run the machine. I couldn't get either one to operate it properly. Was I doing it wrong? I have considered just purchasing a 1 phase motor for it, but it looks like it will require some rewiring within the machine as well. Has anyone found a good solution for this or have any experience with it?

I'm using a Rotary Phase Convertor on mine.
Did you have an Electrician hook it up?

I hooked it up myself. Ive done all the electrical work here so far. Although I will admit, the VFD had me a little baffled with all the settings and different things it could do.

How loud is your rotary phase converter? Ive heard they're anywhere from noisy and annoying to no one even notices.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back