3D Scanner

tommrz

We are getting into shrink sleeve production and I have been tasked with researching and recommending a 3D scanner to be used to scan supplied bottles and containers to create 3D models which will be used in Studio Toolkit for shrink sleeves. Does anyone have any recommendations they would be willing to share? The bundled software needs to be able to save out to a file format studio understands such as .dae, .zae or .obj. Any suggestions would be great.

I know that this is what is called necroposting, but our project faced almost the same issue and I had to spend a couple of days online looking for information about budget 3d scanners. Most of the reviews that I read gave me basic information that the choice of a 3D scanner depends primarily on what purpose it is for. The second important aspect is the budget that I have (although this is the most important in my case). Prices for most 3d scanners range from $200 to space $50000+ and have not dropped much in the last 5 years. In these reviews, you can get useful information (first, second, third) Our project is focused on scanning medium size objects and color rendering is not important to us. So we're looking at Artec Eva Lite for now. Perhaps we need to spend more time and search deeper in the web to find the best model in terms of price and quality.
I hope that this information will be useful to someone and save some time.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back