3rd party Ricoh 9200

adub

Has anyone purchased a Ricoh from cbe or impact in Los angles? I like the product but am weary of their service claims vs Ricoh direct.

They should be able to give you some references of other 9200 installs you can call and ask.

Has anyone purchased a Ricoh from cbe or impact in Los angles? I like the product but am weary of their service claims vs Ricoh direct.

You planning on getting a service agreement with Ricoh? If so they will charge you to get it up to "serviceable" standard. The parts and labor will be expensive. I would just buy direct from Ricoh and haggle with pricing. Worked for me quite well.

Depends on the setup. Is machine new or 2nd hand, we bought our first Xerox 3rd party and brand new. Was serviced by an independent company as part of the service contract. Never had a problem. We then bought our second machine direct from Xerox and the service was still actually done by the same crowd as the previous machine.

Personally, yes I'd recommend going direct but 3rd party can be fine too but do your research into them first.

Last edited:
I was recently told by one of their service managers Ricoh will not put any machine they didn't sell me on a service contract. Time and materials only.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back