44pp Saddle Stitched Book - Creep

jadunlop

Hi there, noobie here! I'm trying to impose a 44pp impo as saddle stitched so I can sort the creep. When I add my impo to my run list of 44pp I get the warning that the job contains more pages than the run list although it has 44pp. I know it is something to do with the impo being saddle stitched as it works fine (without creep) as a flat sheet.

I'm beginning to pull my hair out!

Please help! I know it may just be me that is the problem!

Jim

creep

creep

Without looking at your pages I can only suggest that you preview your first sig at the bottom in your signature list in preps. This will show you the numbers of the first and last pages and may give you an idea what is going on. It sounds like a simple numbering problem to me but start there and see what you get. Let preps do the creep for you, it works well.

Creep

Creep

I think the problem lies in that the first sig has a 4pp section with 4pp to waste and an 8pp section. The next 2 sigs are just 16pp.

I'd guess u have the 4pp sec numbered as 1-4 and the 8pp sec 1-8, instead of treating it as a 12pp sec which will give u a 4pp wrapping around an 8. ie numbered 1-12.

In the Kodak Prinergy Workflow system, I have a pageset of 44pp that gets linked to the runlist in Preps. Therefor, p1 will be assigned to p1 in the impo all the way up to p44. I can't break the pages apart.

Cheers

Jim

Are you sure your not selecting more signatures than needed?
Or that if you open up the signature in Preps you do have the correct page numbers assigned.
I know in preps when u add signatures, it will tell you what the next page in the next signature will be.
For saddle stitch it will be page 23, for perfect bind it will be 45, maybe your adding in too many?
You should only have 3 Signatures.

I think you need to have all pages accounted for in each signature.
So you need to have page numbers 1-12 in sig one
page numbers 1-16 for sigs 2 and 3.
the saddlestitch binding will number these properly

If you are already doing this and its not working then you need to set 2 sections in sig 1 numbered 1-4 and 1-8 then allocate these correctly when bringing into preps signature list, I don't think you can do this via prinergy's use existing template selection.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back