4over buys zoo printing – USA Breaking News

PrintingFools

Does anyone have any thoughts on the topic.

I know in the past there were some issues with Zoo Printing poaching clients.
Hopefully that culture has been squashed.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/bell-garde...stomer-reviews
( customer reviews mention the the 4over purchase and difficult transition )

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/W...8856.11,23.htm
( employee reviews , mention that they did not like 4over buying the company )

Regardless of the reviews. I am just confused as to why this information is being hidden by 4over.
Why can I not know who I am doing business with. Transparency is important.

Last edited:
USA Breaking News looks like a website designed to create ad clicks. They often use fake compiled headlines to get visitors. I don't even see where that "headline" refers to any story. I seriously doubt it's true at all. Zoo was bought by PrintBuyer LLC in 2016 and did major reorganization. I just don't see them selling to anyone so quickly. The last acquisition I recall for 4over was ASAP printing.

I was told in person ( face-to-face) by a private source.

I am just confused as to why this information is being hidden by 4over.
Why can I not know who I am doing business with. Transparency is important.
I have always been a champion of 4over.
I have always recommended them.
If a company is lying about something so unimportant and simple, then that is a red flag.
What will they lie to me about next. Is my customer list safe?

I am so tired of calling a client , just to hear, we use 4over now.
Regardless of how the client found 4over by pure luck or other.
This being NOT person that should be allowed to use them.
Such as a realtor, church or restaurant .
As 4over is trade only.
I even called 4over about this once and they did nothing.

I once needed help with an order for 3 color work.
As we only print full color and 1 color in our shop.
I needed a referral to a trusted printer.
4over claimed to not know the company www.lithobooks.com
Yet , the owner of 40ver is the President of the lithobooks, it is listed on their incorporation papers.
Whats with all the "Cloak and Dagger" stuff

Zoo printing owned by 4over
this can be read in many places on line.

I have provided links below :

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/bell-garde...stomer-reviews
( customer reviews mention the the 4over purchase and difficult transition )

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/W...8856.11,23.htm
( employee reviews , mention that they did not like 4over buying the company )

Last edited:
I was told in person ( face-to-face) by a private source.

Zoo printing owned by 4over
this can be read in many places on line.
I have provided links below :

PrintingFools, None of these links say anything about a sale or ownership—they're social posts with rants & complaints. I was unable to find any mention of such a deal from any credible news source. IMHO, you need to post credible links, not hearsay.

PrintingFools, None of these links say anything about a sale or ownership—they're social posts with rants & complaints. I was unable to find any mention of such a deal from any credible news source. IMHO, you need to post credible links, not hearsay.

I am not willing to post my salary and position, etc etc etc to be able to read all of the Glassdoor reviews, but I do believe PrintingFools to a degree.

OK, well, after doing a check of corporate records in California, PrintBuyer LLC is affiliated with Richard F. Lawson, principal of 4Over. So, this is old news from 2016, as are the blog comments from early 2017. The companies all appear to be under a holding company (or companies). It is not uncommon for similar businesses to be owned by the same holding company. That doesn't mean one owns the other or that they are in a business relationship of any kind. They can be and usually are separate, self-sufficient companies. We don't say that Dairy Queen is owned by Duracell just because Berkshire Hathaway owns both. There are also other printing companies and a software company in the mix. That said, if I had a profitable printing business and was able to pick up a not so profitable printing company at a fire sale, I may send in some management from my profitable business to turn things around.

PB did shut down multiple Zoo facilities and I think they are down to one. They now claim 3 "delivery zones", not facilities, for maximum 2-day service. But that's easy to do with logistics. Flipping a business is like flipping a house. Sometimes you are better off gutting it and rebuilding on "good bones".

Reactions: CSF
OK, well, after doing a check of corporate records in California, PrintBuyer LLC is affiliated with Richard F. Lawson, principal of 4Over. So, this is old news from 2016, as are the blog comments from early 2017. The companies all appear to be under a holding company (or companies). It is not uncommon for similar businesses to be owned by the same holding company. That doesn't mean one owns the other or that they are in a business relationship of any kind. They can be and usually are separate, self-sufficient companies. We don't say that Dairy Queen is owned by Duracell just because Berkshire Hathaway owns both. There are also other printing companies and a software company in the mix. That said, if I had a profitable printing business and was able to pick up a not so profitable printing company at a fire sale, I may send in some management from my profitable business to turn things around.

PB did shut down multiple Zoo facilities and I think they are down to one. They now claim 3 "delivery zones", not facilities, for maximum 2-day service. But that's easy to do with logistics. Flipping a business is like flipping a house. Sometimes you are better off gutting it and rebuilding on "good bones".

Thank you gregbatch you are a super sleuth internet detective.
In addition, I like your detailed and well thought out answer.

Since I was informed about this in person, I could not reveal my first-person source.
This is why I provided the glassdoor links.

After that searching on-line, you are correct, I did see that this is old news.
But, it was new to me.

Thank you again for the detailed information.

My last order came from 4over in OH, I thought it would come from zooprinting in NJ, was not happy to find this all out a few months ago. I don't use zooprinting much, just use them for once in a while jobs that are easier to outsource. I thought I was the only one behind times on this with 4over hiding this very well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back