6x9 postcards on Indigo 5500...

kaffinated

I have an Indigo 5500 and I am running 13X19 substrate. WIth the max image area being 12.48" x 17.7", is it possible to do a 6x9 postcard as a 4up with bleed and show crops? We keep getting a skewed image ( almost out of registration look) at the edges, but in live area???? Help Thanks so much..
:confused:

6 x 9 + .25" bleed (.125 per side) = 6.25 x 9.25 - 4up = 12.5 x 18.5

OR

6 x 9 + .125" bleed (.0625 per side) = 6.125 x 9.125 - 4up = 12.25 x 18.25

So no, no way to get that 9" measurement to run twice in that image area. It fits the sheet, but what good is that if you can't image it?

Hey.. Thanks Vee.. Does this mean we should try to get our clients to go for a smaller size or ? We want/need the business so I am trying to figure the best approach. We are having so many people wanting the 6x9 now.. Used to be 5.5 x 8.5 that was popular.... The image area is really not helping with the larger stocks.. What do most people do in this case? Turn the work away? Thanks for any more input on this..

3up is as good as it gets, the only problem is you have an odd cut. But you get more on the sheet....

We've got an antique push-me-pull-you manual guillotine (well all the cuts are scrolled into place - no programming here) so 'funny' cuts ain't a problem :p

Run 3 up like mentioned above or trim off a small margin on your 6 x 9 size to get the image area to work.. Vista Print does this with some of their print products.. They offer slightly different sizes to fit their equipment. Just a thought.. Most clients don't care as much as you do, because they are not in the business. They just want quality work and a great value from your company.

Run 3 up like mentioned above or trim off a small margin on your 6 x 9 size to get the image area to work.. Vista Print does this with some of their print products.. They offer slightly different sizes to fit their equipment. Just a thought.. Most clients don't care as much as you do, because they are not in the business. They just want quality work and a great value from your company.

Good point VistaPrint's Business Cards aren't even the Standard US size.

Agree, just make the card .25 smaller, I doubt the customer would even know or care. Or better yet tell them how much less it will cost to go with the slightly smaller size, and how it will use more of the sheet, that it's better for the environment, bla, bla, bla..... they'll buy it.

We have an imposition solution to help you, Impostrip

We have an imposition solution to help you, Impostrip

Hi,

Contact me and we'll send you a free trial version of our solution and we'll do a free 30 minutes Webinar to show you how to do what you want, and perhaps show you another way (3-up dutch cut) to max out printing.

You can contact me by email: raymond @ imposition.com

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics Inc.

Er I'm not really seeing what the big deal is here. We do impositions with items facing different ways often enough, to get more on the sheet. Also not uncommon to run a job a few percent smaller, customer never notices. Seriously though, it can't be that much of an issue unless you've already quoted it 4up, if not, then what's the problem?

Attachments

• 11up.jpg
    11up.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 227
Greetings,

3 up dutch cut is the answer to the original question, as most people have noted. Not a big deal.

However, when the runs are short, which they often are, I'll sometimes throw them on the sheet two up, right down the middle and slam it out. (You can also move it around to avoid print flaws if necessary) The cost of paper is negligible, and if all you have for imposition is what came with the 5500, it's a fast and easy template.

mf.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back