700 Upgrade

We have had a 700 with Creo Rip for almost a year and still can't produce high quality work from it. Support from Xerox and Fuji is very poor based on our experience. They have suggested we change out for a 7002, but samples we have seen so far have same streaking and mottling as our current 700. Any suggestions on our next machine ?

My first stop would be to the people who spec'd and sold you the machine. If you accurately described your printing needs and your vendor sold you the wrong box I'd put it on them to make it right.

Are you in the US? Your Xerox rep should be able to engage a CREO direct support person if needed.

Its all to do with your paper profiles and training.
Creo make a great RIP as does Xerox (Freeflow 7)

I would suggest you ask your rep for additional training and further exploration of the custom paper profiles and specific settings for your machine.

The 700DCP is now a proven workhorse in the market. You should have no issues running most offset papers as well as standard digital papers.

If you require anymore information or help, just send me a private message and I will to what I can to provide you, a Xerox customer, with the support you deserve.

:)

Although I have no hands on experience with the Creo on a Xerox box I can tell you the Creo RIP with the 700 will provide outstanding output. If you can get training on the color profiling area of the unit you will be surprised what it can do for you. Creo has a very good staff to assist you. I would strongly suggest contacting your rep to get you the support you need. Do not bend to the 7002 upsell.

We have been happy with the quality and support we have been getting from our Xerox 700. Whenever we have gotten streaking or mottling we change out the fuser or drum cartridge. Regardless you might want to mention the Xerox Total Satisfaction Guarantee These are problems they CAN and NEED to resolve.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back