7901 Error - Balance Task Error (Magnus 400)

This morning we got an error that I haven't seen before on our Magnus 400.

7901 - Balance task failed - Right weight 1 - Right weight position incorrect.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm not sure if this is something that can be reset via the software interface or of this needs a physical fix. We're totally down. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Do you use more than one plate size? Did the error message come up when you changed plate sizes? It looks like that the Right Hand Side Brass weight on the side of the drum is in the wrong postion. This could be that the actuator that is operated to move the weights is the correct position did not work. This is a solenoid operated assy.
Go to LOading System in Hardware and do a New Plate and with the Rear Cover open ( overide key in/ cheater) have a look on the LHS of the Magnus drum and observe if the Brass weights are moved. These weights are to balance the drum during rotation.

This morning we got an error that I haven't seen before on our Magnus 400.

7901 - Balance task failed - Right weight 1 - Right weight position incorrect.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm not sure if this is something that can be reset via the software interface or of this needs a physical fix. We're totally down. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks for the reply! I went back to the Magnus on Thursday afternoon, reset the errors, and tried to make a plate. I gave it one last chance and it worked. We got all the plates out that we needed and Friday we didn't run plates. This morning I had the same error. I reset it, moved the tail grippers and preloaded our standard plate. It failed again. I reset the machine errors and opened the Balance Arm Valve window from the hardware menu. I reset it and and the latches on the right weights 1&2. I then went into the Balance System and hit find weights and perform balance. Currently it's letting us burn plates. I'm not running any other size plates. I do feel a little rocking vibration, which makes me nervous. I'm not the primary operator, so I do not know if this is normal or if I'm being overly critical. I did see the position of the weights change on the screen, but I haven't looked at the actual weights yet. Does this sound like the solenoid is failing?

If you run only one size of plates, then the weights are not moved between exposures. when it works, check the position of the weights on both sides as they should be the same. When the Drum runs at high speed it should be well balanced. As you did before do Find Weights and compare the two sides. YOu can also have a look and see if the weights are in the same postions on both sides.

Thanks for the reply! I went back to the Magnus on Thursday afternoon, reset the errors, and tried to make a plate. I gave it one last chance and it worked. We got all the plates out that we needed and Friday we didn't run plates. This morning I had the same error. I reset it, moved the tail grippers and preloaded our standard plate. It failed again. I reset the machine errors and opened the Balance Arm Valve window from the hardware menu. I reset it and and the latches on the right weights 1&2. I then went into the Balance System and hit find weights and perform balance. Currently it's letting us burn plates. I'm not running any other size plates. I do feel a little rocking vibration, which makes me nervous. I'm not the primary operator, so I do not know if this is normal or if I'm being overly critical. I did see the position of the weights change on the screen, but I haven't looked at the actual weights yet. Does this sound like the solenoid is failing?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back