A couple weird issues with Acro 9 and PS 08v4?

n2_space

I just got a new pc and went from CS2 (with Acro 7) and Pitstop 7.52 to CS4 and of course I upgraded Pitstop to the latest (08 v4). I have a couple weird issues, involving both, so I just thought I would post it here :eek:

Selecting an object with Pitstops Select Object Tool, and the blue line disappears when I move within the page, and also does so when I select multiple objects, but then shift click to deselect an object, it disappears as if nothing is selected, although it really is still selected (I can delete them for instance or change their color). The other weird thing is the window disappearing but reappearing. when doing action lists.

It looks like ClearType is on in Acrobat??? It's really annoying! Is there some setting I am missing?
Oh and what is it with multiple windows in the taskbar? I can't find a way to fix that either... of course I haven't had much time to look.

The other problem I will mention involves Photoshop, When I go to import from a scanner (Using Canon ScanGear v. 2.43 on a IR3200), it just sits there like it's locked up importing it. If I hit cancel after a while, it still pulls the scan. Annoying... anyone else having scanning issues in CS4?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

I'll let David or someone else from Enfocus takes the PitStop questions - but I can answer the Acrobat ones...

It looks like ClearType is on in Acrobat??? It's really annoying! Is there some setting I am missing?

Of course it's on (and was in Acroat 8 as well) - it will give you MUCH better rendering of your text on screen. Why would you want it turned off? what is "annoying" about it?

Oh and what is it with multiple windows in the taskbar? I can't find a way to fix that either... of course I haven't had much time to look.

That was also changed in Acrobat 8 and there is no way to turn it off.

I'll let David or someone else from Enfocus takes the PitStop questions - but I can answer the Acrobat ones...

Of course it's on (and was in Acroat 8 as well) - it will give you MUCH better rendering of your text on screen. Why would you want it turned off? what is "annoying" about it?

That was also changed in Acrobat 8 and there is no way to turn it off.

I find Clear type is one of those things that people either love or hate. I hate it.

I thought that was the case with teh tabs, annoying as ****, are you listening Adobe?

I'm about to blow it away and go back to CS2.... I keep running into more problems and issues.

Thanks for the help though :)

I find Clear type is one of those things that people either love or hate. I hate it.

Have you tried adjusting it, using the various options available to "tweek it"?

I thought that was the case with teh tabs, annoying as ****, are you listening Adobe?

We are, but we are also limited/restricted by requirements put on us by the OS vendors which is why we made the change. You will find that we act EXACTLY as products from other vendors - it's not just us...

I'm about to blow it away and go back to CS2.... I keep running into more problems and issues.

All good things take time to adjust to...

Have you tried adjusting it, using the various options available to "tweek it"?

We are, but we are also limited/restricted by requirements put on us by the OS vendors which is why we made the change. You will find that we act EXACTLY as products from other vendors - it's not just us...

All good things take time to adjust to...

Yes I have tweaked it, don't like it.

This is the only program that does this for me :dunno:

Of course. But I have several other bugs:

Drawing guides makes the whole area I drug the guide to completely black

Trying to select a couple files to open this morning, and 40 files out of nowhere opened in acrobat, then all my programs crashed. I rebooted, and did it again, .... again acrobat opened up like 40 files when I selected 5. WTH??? maybe a bug in 9.1? I'm on a brand new box with a brand new build (obviously). Everything else works flawlessly.

Anytime I create a pdf from an Office 07 file just for some office stuff around here, when I print it, no matter how, it only prints 1 page.

Will not scan through Acrobat, PS freezes up when scanning.

I'm still rather disheartened with CS4.... I'm trying to give it a chance, but it's killing me. I cannot have these things happen, I need them to work in order to do my work.

At the very least, would it be possible to install CS2 along with CS4?

Last edited:
ok, I've had it with CS4, it has crashed no less than 2 dozen times today, and I have rebooted no less than 8 times.... in 4 hours. I'm not even doing anything and it crashes. Acro has crashed 10 times in the past 20 minutes. This is ridiculous. goodbye CS4, and good riddance.

just to let you know, you can install CS2, CS3 and CS4 on the same box.
We have them all loaded on all our production Macs so we can open any file and not have it "converted".
It's a must have for Prepress.

I just got a new pc and went from CS2 (with Acro 7) and Pitstop 7.52 to CS4 and of course I upgraded Pitstop to the latest (08 v4). I have a couple weird issues, involving both, so I just thought I would post it here :eek:

Selecting an object with Pitstops Select Object Tool, and the blue line disappears when I move within the page, and also does so when I select multiple objects, but then shift click to deselect an object, it disappears as if nothing is selected, although it really is still selected (I can delete them for instance or change their color). The other weird thing is the window disappearing but reappearing. when doing action lists.

The other problem I will mention involves Photoshop, When I go to import from a scanner (Using Canon ScanGear v. 2.43 on a IR3200), it just sits there like it's locked up importing it. If I hit cancel after a while, it still pulls the scan. Annoying... anyone else having scanning issues in CS4?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

To get back on topic let me try to reply on the PitStop issue you're having...

How do you move within the page? Use the pan tool, scroll down, etc?

It's a long shot, but it could be related to the graphic driver on your system. You might want to check if these are up-to-date. It sounds weird, but it has solved problems before.

Cheers,
Bert

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back