A FREE Acrobat plugin from Enfocus to help you fix those pesky missing font problems

Wow, most of the time the missing fonts are cheap oddballs so I'm guessing this isn't going to fix those PDF's. It will be interesting to see how well it works on the crapola supplied PDF ads I get, when I do my next ad book this coming fall. Thanks!

IF you have PitStop 12 you have this built-in already. You also get a preview so you can see the result and check line endings and glyphs before you commit.

Someone told me that if I have a PDF with no bleed and the art does not extend beyond the crop line, Pitstop can extend the Bleed by taking 0.125 of all sides and mirror image it then add it to all 4 sides to create a bleed automatically. It that true?
If yes, do you have a video that shows how it is done.

Also do you have a video that shows how to extend the bleed and add crop marks. the online manual tells you how to do it but it is cumbersome and too many steps. May be I am looking at the wrong instructions.

So it's not really free, you have to buy the fonts if you don't have them already installed on your system?

So it's not really free, you have to buy the fonts if you don't have them already installed on your system?

The application and functionality is free, if you have the fonts available locally you can embed them without additional cost.

If not then you can query the Monotype cloud server, if the fonts are available there (from the 60,000 available) you can see a preview of the result and if they look ok you can choose to purchase them for 39 cents per font per document.

You also get the first 10 fonts from Monotype for free.

That's not a bad deal in my book.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back