A Product's Life

gordo

619 A Product's Life.jpg

A lot of the time the end user is some guy that hates change and keeps wanting to do things the way they were done in 1984.

A lot of the time the end user is some guy that hates change and keeps wanting to do things the way they were done in 1984.
Change is not always a good thing. Reminds me of the new car I bought a couple of months ago. It's got more chirps, chimes, alarms, and bells than anything I've ever seen. The other day I was driving down a road that had a traffic circle about every quarter of a mile for about 6 traffic circles. Before I got to the last one, the speedometer display went blank and, instead, displayed a hot cup of coffee with steam coming off the top with a caption that read "Consider Taking A Break"! LOL

Change is not always a good thing. Reminds me of the new car I bought a couple of months ago. It's got more chirps, chimes, alarms, and bells than anything I've ever seen. The other day I was driving down a road that had a traffic circle about every quarter of a mile for about 6 traffic circles. Before I got to the last one, the speedometer display went blank and, instead, displayed a hot cup of coffee with steam coming off the top with a caption that read "Consider Taking A Break"! LOL
Which car is this?

Which car is this?
2022 Hyundai Elantra. Good price. 10-year 100,000 mile power train warranty. 7-year 70,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.
Still haven't read the manual yet, so, I don't know what all the alarms mean, but, I'm getting great mileage, which comes in real handy right now. Don't know what it's rated at, and, it's not an EV or hybrid, but, I'm getting 48 mpg hwy, and, 36 mpg around town.

2022 Hyundai Elantra. Good price. 10-year 100,000 mile power train warranty. 7-year 70,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.
Still haven't read the manual yet, so, I don't know what all the alarms mean, but, I'm getting great mileage, which comes in real handy right now. Don't know what it's rated at, and, it's not an EV or hybrid, but, I'm getting 48 mpg hwy, and, 36 mpg around town.
Damn. Sounds pretty sweet!

Don't know what it's rated at, and, it's not an EV or hybrid, but, I'm getting 48 mpg hwy, and, 36 mpg around town.
That coffee alarm is pretty funny. Those MPG numbers piqued my interest since I owned an older model before someone rear ended me...I never got mileage like that! But I'm curious how you're managing to exceed what that car is even rated for under best conditions. This is from Hyundai's website:
1652454522908.png

That coffee alarm is pretty funny. Those MPG numbers piqued my interest since I owned an older model before someone rear ended me...I never got mileage like that! But I'm curious how you're managing to exceed what that car is even rated for under best conditions. This is from Hyundai's website:
View attachment 291364

(Mine's the SE). El-If-I-Know! Since I'm an old dinosaur, I compute mileage the old fashion way. Fill-er-up, record the odometer. Next time you gas up, compute how many gallons you used, and how many miles you went. Even though I am a programmer, I'm skeptical about a display telling me what MPG I'm getting. Seems it would be easy to fudge those numbers..............

Haven't read the book yet, but, it does have (3) driving modes: "Normal", "Sport", and "Smart". I have no idea what Sport and Smart are, so, I keep mine in Normal.

The tank only holds 12.4 gallons, which was pretty sweet when gas was only $2.49/Gallon. Could fill it up for $30 bucks. Now, with gas at $4.89/gallon, it takes $60. I bought it last September. With the current price of gas, glad I did. Sometimes, you just luck in to making a good decision.........................

Haven't read the book yet, but, it does have (3) driving modes: "Normal", "Sport", and "Smart". I have no idea what Sport and Smart are, so, I keep mine in Normal.
'Normal' is basic boring. 'Sport' is peppier/more responsive, but will use slightly more gas. 'Smart' permits the cars' computer to automatically switch between Normal & Sport. The smart LED will change colour depending on the mode it switches between (but you'll know by feel). Lately I've been using Smart mode. I have a 2019 Santa Fe. I've disconnected many of the 'features'. I think a lot of these are there simply because 'they can'. Not because they serve any can't do without purpose. Takes a good 6 months to figure it all out.
I think we've hijacked the thread. Sorry :(

@gordo : Actually, Gordo. The product's life is eternal, and, never ends. After your 5th panel, the next panel is "Lease Ends -- Product Stops Working", then, the flow chart arrow goes up, to the left, and, back to the beginning panel "Engineer Designs........." and the whole cycle starts over again. LOL

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back