AB Dick Plate to blanket pressure???

ronineko

Anyone out there......

I'm subbing (like so many of us) at a few shops and one has a 9910 that needs adjustment. I have to pack new blankets about 3 mil to get contact. The impression seems fine. It's just not making it to the blanket. There is no parts book to use for reference

contact dick

contact dick

Hi: Blankets are packed. Are the form rollers on? They get dropped
on the gear side. You can pack the plates on that duplicator too.
The blanket to impression is adjusted near the base of the hand
wheel with an allen key. Do a stripe test on the form rollers
to see if you got contact to the plate.

good luck

Thanks Richard.
All my stripes are good etc. It's all good except plate to blanket. I pack the blanket and it's fine. I'm thinking it's in need of adjustment and I think I've found the culprit. The cylinder appears to run on an adjustable shaft. I'll test tweak it tomorrow.

Again, thanks

Are you inking up a plate and then and then making an impression onto the blanket?

Is it certain spots or just everywhere?

It could be that the blanket is smashed and needs replacing/packing to make it look good or your actual cylinder pressure is off.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back