AB Dick QP25- "Emergency SW Trouble"

Brett S

Our AB Dick QP25 stops dead of it's own accord quite frequently with the control panel display reading 'Emergency Sw Trouble'... Anyone else had this problem? We have tried to take off the safety guard covers to see if something was tripped, no luck. Anyone else have this problem or a suggestion on a fix? Thanks in advance.

The AB Dicks with the digital display had some safety switches that were sensitive to press vibration and the press would stop and you had to clear and start again. There is a service bypass switch that allows the tech to override the safety switches and if all was fine after that, the problem was in the safety system. With the covers off and the machine running, I used to tap the safety switches with the handle of a screwdriver to see if those vibrations would stop the machine. I had the most trouble with the clear plastic ones with a plastic button actuator in the top-center and actuated with a cam. They were used for the ink-water guard, master and blanket guard and the chain guard. The switches are adjustable and it may be that the cam actuator is tuching gthe button actuator of the switch and press vibration causes the problem. It happens so quick that you cANN

Sorry I hit the wrong button. It happens so quick and the circuit is so sensitive you cannot see it happen. It is not legal to operate with the safety switches bypassed. Just find the offender(s) and replace it. Hopefully with one with a stronger internal spring.

You are right about the handwheel switch. A number of shops replaced that handwheel with a standard wheel and disabled the switch. It made life easier.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back