AB Dick Question

RoyBoom

I'm new here, and found this place in a search for a forum where I could ask some questions. I've been printing on an AB Dick 360 for 30 years, but the thing is getting pretty tired. A few months ago I picked up an 8920 with a T-head, Crestlines, some fancy spray outfit, and an IR dryer. The only problem is I've never run one like this.

My first question is on the T-head. I see that there is a wire that needs plugged in coming from the head to a box by the feeder section. I just want to start out running as a one color, but I'm not getting the thing to power up, and I suspect it is because that thing isn't plugged in. How do I get the press to power up with the T-head swung back out of the way? I've read the T-51 operator manual, but I'm not seeing this part in there.

Any help in getting me started is appreciated.

Roy

Hi. Most likely connector has something to do with "Cover open" safety circuit. You should call any press parts store and ask if there is a bypass plug exist. Also if you are a friend with anyone who is comfortable with electronic / electric stuff - he can help. I would, personally, install a switch "Thead" or "No Thead" closing the circuit within the press or with Thead.
Where are you located?

There should be a safety cover that goes in place when the T head is out. that should make an interlock switch that will allow the press to work.

Your replies pretty much agree with what I thought the problem was. I'd bought this press at an auction, and from what I can tell I got a real steal on it. The only problem is that there are a few missing pieces. I'll have to make some calls and see if I can find a plug to go in there, and I'm also missing the wrench for hooking up the T-head, and I think there is a piece I need to plug in and adjust my up and down and skew. Still, I can replace those and still be on the good side. The machine came out of a large inplant and I know they took good care of their stuff, it it looks just about like new. I got it for $520, so I think I'll be ok.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back