Accento L50 loader pulling 2 plates

Lukas Engqvist

I don't know if it has with the loader or the plates. Probably the plates since the L50 is more or less an upright loader.
Slipsheets are removed manually, and the process has been normal, ,untill a while back when the loader keeps loading 2 plates every now and again. Why the plates cling together I have no idea, and why we start having this problem after a couple years trouble free operation I don't know. Any tips? I checked the humidity, seems normal (the CTP room has it's own environmental control for temp and humidity)

Very frustrated and don't know where to start.

I don't know what mechanism moves the plates on an L50, but it sounds like that's the place to start.

Are slipsheets supposed to be removed manually on the L50? If not, have you tried it with the slipsheets in place? If so, could it be that it thinks the second plate is a slipsheet?

If you can see it, I'd pay close attention to how it pulls plates. Maybe a sensor is misbehaving or the mechanism that pulls the plates is out of whack?

The L50 is loaded and slipsheets are removed manually. The loader sucks the first plate with vacume cups and pull the plate towards the cups.
For some reason the plates are sticking together. Vacume, static or humidity could be the three probable causes. but with a strict climate control static and humidity are at bay.

I'm guessing either the loader or the suction cups move, and the other is static and doesn't. I'd look at what things are moving in there, whether it's a suction cup bar or the plate cassette, and look for a sensor or something that detects the plate load height. My one guess is that something isn't right there, or...

could your plates be too loose in the cassette? I'm guessing you can physically adjust the size of the plates in there. I'm thinking if they were too loose, that could allow for two to get pulled.

that was my guess too, I have tightened the screws for the horisontal and will be back if there are more issues.

It happens when the Pull Spring P/N: DN+100047786V00 is damaged.
Also you have to check up the Optical Fiber Sensor ID: PH92-1 P/N: DN+151741.
Also due to faulty Sensor Pad Transport Home ID: PH91 P/N: DN+62000908.

All these are the chances to pull multiple plates.

L50 I can cause that problem with Azura plates. Now with L50 II there is no problem. Plates leaving without interleaves can stick together. Some parameters changing in the autoloader has to be done so propably Agfa service intervention will be required.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back